Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract a column from two different files in AWK? Post 302190149 by shamrock on Monday 28th of April 2008 07:21:38 PM
Old 04-28-2008
Question Show output

Do you want the columns side by side or one after another in the output. Can you show how the output looks like.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK, extract data from multiple files

Hi, I'm using AWK to try to extract data from multiple files (*.txt). The script should look for a flag that occurs at a specific position in each file and it should return the data to the right of that flag. I should end up with one line for each file, each containing 3 columns:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data with awk from html files

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and i am new as a shell scripter. my problem is to have html files in a directory and I would like to extract from these some data that lies between two different lines Here's my situation <td align="default"> oxidizability (mg / l): data_to_extract... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbobotex
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed to extract column bases on partial match

Hi I have a log file which has outputs like the one below conn=24,196 op=1 RESULT err=0 tag=0 nentries=9 etime=3,712 dbtime=0 mem=486,183,328/2,147,483,648 Now most of the time I am only interested in the time ( the first column) and a column that begins with etime i.e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkabali
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract column with awk

This is a example TXT file: ID CDR1 CDR2 CDR3 1 CDR1 CDR3 2 CDR1 CDR2 CDR3 3 CDR3 What I want to do is extract the fourth column with awk, however, there are some blank space in some field. I get wrong result when it print out awk result. awk '{print $1,$4}'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files & extract column awk

I have two tab delimited files as given below: File_1: PV16 E1 865 2814 1950 PV16 E2 2756 3853 1098 PV16 E4 3333 3620 288 PV16 E5 3850 4101 252 PV16 E6 83 559 477 PV16 E7 562 858 297 PV16 L2 4237 5658 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Extract 4 lines in Column to Rows Tab Delimited between tags

I have tried the following to no avail. xargs -n8 < test.txt awk '{if(NR%6!=0){p=""}else{p="\n"};printf $0" "p}' Mod_Alm_log.txt > test.txt I have tried different variations of the above, the problem is mixes lines together. And it includes the tags "%a and %A" I need them to be all tab... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytouchsr
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to extract value from column using variable

I am having trouble extracting the value in the columns declared in a variable. I have tried several different variation of awk but both give me the column number and not the actual value of that column. Any suggestions? Neither of the "extract" variables below are performing as desired ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I extract specific column in multiple csv files?

file1: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,47 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,13 GEThomeLayout,100,30466,0.00%,17 file2: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,33 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
6 Replies
DGELSX(l)								 )								 DGELSX(l)

NAME
DGELSX - routine is deprecated and has been replaced by routine DGELSY SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE DGELSX( M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, JPVT, RCOND, RANK, WORK, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, LDA, LDB, M, N, NRHS, RANK DOUBLE PRECISION RCOND INTEGER JPVT( * ) DOUBLE PRECISION A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
This routine is deprecated and has been replaced by routine DGELSY. DGELSX computes the minimum-norm solution to a real linear least squares problem: minimize || A * X - B || using a complete orthogonal factorization of A. A is an M-by-N matrix which may be rank-deficient. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. The routine first computes a QR factorization with column pivoting: A * P = Q * [ R11 R12 ] [ 0 R22 ] with R11 defined as the largest leading submatrix whose estimated condition number is less than 1/RCOND. The order of R11, RANK, is the effective rank of A. Then, R22 is considered to be negligible, and R12 is annihilated by orthogonal transformations from the right, arriving at the complete orthogonal factorization: A * P = Q * [ T11 0 ] * Z [ 0 0 ] The minimum-norm solution is then X = P * Z' [ inv(T11)*Q1'*B ] [ 0 ] where Q1 consists of the first RANK columns of Q. ARGUMENTS
M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. A (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, A has been overwritten by details of its complete orthogonal factorization. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. On exit, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. If m >= n and RANK = n, the residual sum-of-squares for the solution in the i-th column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1:M in that column. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,M,N). JPVT (input/output) INTEGER array, dimension (N) On entry, if JPVT(i) .ne. 0, the i-th column of A is an initial column, otherwise it is a free column. Before the QR factorization of A, all initial columns are permuted to the leading positions; only the remaining free columns are moved as a result of column pivoting during the factorization. On exit, if JPVT(i) = k, then the i-th column of A*P was the k-th column of A. RCOND (input) DOUBLE PRECISION RCOND is used to determine the effective rank of A, which is defined as the order of the largest leading triangular submatrix R11 in the QR factorization with pivoting of A, whose estimated condition number < 1/RCOND. RANK (output) INTEGER The effective rank of A, i.e., the order of the submatrix R11. This is the same as the order of the submatrix T11 in the complete orthogonal factorization of A. WORK (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (max( min(M,N)+3*N, 2*min(M,N)+NRHS )), INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 DGELSX(l)