Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printing each users by processes Post 302190109 by sam4now on Monday 28th of April 2008 04:47:10 PM
Old 04-28-2008
firstname.surname firstname.surname firstname.surname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users and processes

Hi All, I am trying to write a script to list all users and their processes. I cant seem to find out how to link the PID to the user. For example if i run ps -a I get a nice list of all the processes running and their PID, but no information about which user is running them. If i use w i... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chiefos
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the processes of users

Hi guys, I'm writing a script to display all the current logged on users and the processes they're running, output to a file. The output will look similar to this: User1 (Real name not login name) PID TTY TIME CMD 3179 pts/3 00:00:00 vim User2 PID TTY TIME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olimiles
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need a scipt to email users with idle processes!?

hello, i am VERY new to this whole script world. I need to come up with a script that will email a user if they have an idle process past 500 minutes...any suggestions??? Thanks so much. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheppy28
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

users and there processes

I am trying to write a script to list all users and their processes. I cant seem to find out how to link the PID to the user. For example if i run ps -a I get a nice list of all the processes running and their PID, but no information about which user is running them. I need the users real name not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iago
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes and Users

Thx for all the help so far, I really appreciate it, this is the last task I have to do then I am no longer a trainee ^^, which means I can use whatever utility I want. :O I need to write a script that does more or less what is shown below. The Users Name PID TTY TIME CMD 12345 pts/3... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: barbus
22 Replies

6. Programming

How to stop other processes and kernel from printing output on current virtual term

Hello All, Background ======== I am creating a virtual appliance console for a software stack on VMware ESXi. I am using Centos 5.x as the Linux distro (Guest OS). I have created a ncurses based application that does the user authentication and present him with some basic controls to do basic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ku@ntum
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display what processes, users have opened at a given time

Hello, What i have to do is make a top 10 list of users sorted by the number of processes opened at a given time. Can anyone help me with finding out for a given moment, for all users how many processes each had opened? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabibyte
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the users logged in according to the number of processes

Is it possible to get a list of users sorted by the number of processes executed by each. I have a HP - UX server with 2800 processes running currently. And I want to know the number of processes owned by each person logged in to that server.something like below: user1 : 150 Processes user2 :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help printing processes

hello, i need help with something which should be fairly simple but i am having a little trouble. i need to list all the processes on the system but also need the parent id. so the following does not print parent id. ps -A or ps -e. i searched manual and saw an option --ppid so i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iluvsushi
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display info about users (UID GID processes terminal)

I would like to get an opinion for my solution for this task and get feedback about better approach or mistakes I have made. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script which prints information about users whose names are specified in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornfan
2 Replies
CUBRID_QUERY(3) 							 1							   CUBRID_QUERY(3)

cubrid_query - Send a CUBRID query

SYNOPSIS
resource cubrid_query (string $query, [resource $conn_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
cubrid_query(3) sends a unique query (multiple queries are not supported) to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified $conn_identifier. PARAMETERS
o $query - An SQL query Data inside the query should be properly escaped. o $conn_identifier - The CUBRID connection. If the connection identifier is not specified, the last connection opened by cubrid_connect(3) is assumed. RETURN VALUES
For SELECT, SHOW, DESCRIBE, EXPLAIN and other statements returning resultset, cubrid_query(3) returns a resource on success, or FALSE on error. For other type of SQL statements, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP, etc, cubrid_query(3) returns TRUE on success or FALSE on error. The returned result resource should be passed to cubrid_fetch_array(3), and other functions for dealing with result tables, to access the returned data. Use cubrid_num_rows(3) to find out how many rows were returned for a SELECT statement or cubrid_affected_rows(3) to find out how many rows were affected by a DELETE, INSERT, REPLACE, or UPDATE statement. cubrid_query(3) will also fail and return FALSE if the user does not have permission to access the table(s) referenced by the query. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Invalid Query The following query is syntactically invalid, so cubrid_query(3) fails and returns FALSE. <?php $conn = cubrid_connect('localhost', 33000, 'demodb'); $result = cubrid_query('SELECT * WHERE 1=1'); if (!$result) { die('Invalid query: ' . cubrid_error()); } ?> Example #2 Valid Query The following query is valid, so cubrid_query(3) returns a resource. <?php // This could be supplied by a user, for example $firstname = 'fred'; $lastname = 'fox'; $conn = cubrid_connect('localhost', 33000, 'demodb'); cubrid_execute($conn,"DROP TABLE if exists friends"); cubrid_execute($conn,"create table friends(firstname varchar,lastname varchar,address char(24),age int)"); cubrid_execute($conn,"insert into friends values('fred','fox','home-1','20')"); cubrid_execute($conn,"insert into friends values('blue','cat','home-2','21')"); // Formulate Query // This is the best way to perform an SQL query // For more examples, see cubrid_real_escape_string() $query = sprintf("SELECT firstname, lastname, address, age FROM friends WHERE firstname='%s' AND lastname='%s'", cubrid_real_escape_string($firstname), cubrid_real_escape_string($lastname)); // Perform Query $result = cubrid_query($query); // Check result // This shows the actual query sent to CUBRID, and the error. Useful for debugging. if (!$result) { $message = 'Invalid query: ' . cubrid_error() . " "; $message .= 'Whole query: ' . $query; die($message); } // Use result // Attempting to print $result won't allow access to information in the resource // One of the cubrid result functions must be used // See also cubrid_result(), cubrid_fetch_array(), cubrid_fetch_row(), etc. while ($row = cubrid_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row['firstname']; echo $row['lastname']; echo $row['address']; echo $row['age']; } // Free the resources associated with the result set // This is done automatically at the end of the script cubrid_free_result($result); ?> SEE ALSO
cubrid_connect(3), cubrid_error(3), cubrid_real_escape_string(3), cubrid_result(3), cubrid_fetch_assoc(3), cubrid_unbuffered_query(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_QUERY(3)