Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding cumulative size of files older than certain days Post 302190037 by rohan076 on Monday 28th of April 2008 01:07:50 PM
Old 04-28-2008
nevermind, i figured it out. Thanks guys

If anyone is interested I piped the output with the following

-exec ls -l {} \;| awk '{s+=$5} END {print "Total SIZE: " s}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files older than 7 days?

I will like to write a script that delete all files that are older than 7 days in a directory and it's subdirectories. Can any one help me out witht the magic command or script? Thanks in advance, Odogboly98:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting / finding files older than X days missess a day

Hi When trying to find and delete files which are, say, 1 day, the find command misses a day. Please refer the following example. xxxd$ find . -type f -ctime +1 -exec ls -ltr {} \; total 64 -rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle xxxd 81 Apr 30 11:25 ./ful_cfg_tmp_20080429_7.dat -rw-rw-r-- 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding directories older than 5 days

Hello, Motive: Search all directories which are older than 5 days. Example: consider following directory structure: abc/dir1 abc/dir1/dir abc/dir2 abc/dir3 abc/dir3/temp Suppose dir1 and dir3 are 5 days older. Then I am looking for a command which lists abc/dir1 and abic/dir3 only so that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytempid07
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing files older than n days

Hi, on AIX 6.1, is there any commande line to remove the files older than n days in a directory ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files older than 50 days

Hi All, OS :- HP-UX wm5qa B.11.23 U ia64 1119805695 unlimited-user license I need to search files older than 50 days. I've used following command in order to search desired files, I also discoverd, it's showing today's files as well. Do you have any clue with this ? wmqa1> find .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of files which are older than x days

Hi I want to find the total space used by the files which are older than x days find ./ -type f -mtime +x-days -name "G00*" -exec du {} \; | awk '{total+=$1}END{print "TOTAL" total}' Total prints as 17.20 MB ( total / 1024*2 ) But actual size of it will be around 18.5 GB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files older than 10 days.

Hello all, I want to list the files older than 10 days. Currently am using find ./ -mtime +10 -exec ls -ltr {} \; command. But I want to execute the same command in 16 directories at a time and want an output asking to remove those file? Please help me to design the script. regards, Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02Ajay
3 Replies

10. Linux

Finding files older than x days within directory with spaces

Hi, I am trying to run a command that finds all files over x amount of days, issue is one of the directories has spaces within it. find /files/target directory/*/* -type f -mtime +60 When running the above the usual error message is thrown back + find '/files/target\' 'directory/*/*' -type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ads89
1 Replies
uuclean(1M)															       uuclean(1M)

NAME
uuclean - uucp spool directory clean-up SYNOPSIS
[options] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. scans the spool directories for files with the specified prefix and deletes all those that are older than the specified number of hours. Options recognizes the following options: Clean directory instead of the spool directory. If directory is not a valid spool directory, it cannot contain ``work files''; i.e., files whose names start with These files have special meaning to pertaining to job statistics. Scan for files with pre as the file prefix. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. A without any pre following will cause all files older than the specified time to be deleted. Files whose age is more than time hours are deleted if the prefix test is satisfied (default time is 72 hours). The default action for is to remove files that are older than a specified time (see option). The option is used to find files older than time hours; however, the files are not deleted. If the argument file is present the warning is placed in file; oth- erwise, the warnings go to the standard output. Only files destined for system sys are examined. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. The option sends mail to the owner of the file when it is deleted. If a file is specified, an entry is placed in file. This program is typically started by (see cron(1M)). WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
spool directory SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uux(1), cron(1M), uucleanup(1M). Tim O'Reilly and Grace Todino, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. Grace Todino and Dale Dougherty, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED uuclean(1M)