Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append string to columns from 2 files Post 302189963 by karthikn7974 on Monday 28th of April 2008 09:32:52 AM
Old 04-28-2008
sorry typo mistake

paste file1 file2 > file3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append files as columns

Hi, I will rephrase my question. I have two files: q16 1.341E+05 wf8 3.084E+02 total1 1.344E+05 ud35 5.694E+03 us38 9.367E+05 ya23r 9.414E+02 up23s 2.403E+04 io240 1.203E+04 q16 1.341E+05 wf8 3.084E+02 total1 1.344E+05 ud35 5.694E+03 us38 9.367E+05 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

2. Programming

Compare two files of 4 columns and o/p unique,append zero's

I have to files File1 1 23 2 34 3 7 4 56 5 61 6 22 7 65 File2 2 21 4 32 7 22 Now i need to compare column1 of both the files and generate a third file which should contain all the values of 1st column of 1st file and in the second column i need to get the coressponding row... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamuju
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about append columns

I like to do the following, please help! Thanks a lot for f in seq(f1 f2 f3 g1 h1 t2) do cut -d "+" -f2 $f > $f.nums paste ? # each loop will attach additional column to the created file $f.nums, how to do this??? done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append columns for every run

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to append the runtimes of the jobs for every run. I have some 100 jobname and it will be static in output(1st column) . Everyday I need to run my script to find the runtimes for that day and add the entire 100 runtimes to the right of those 100 jobs(2nd... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using columns from 2 files and extracting string

Hi All, I have 2 files with a common column. File 1 looks like NAME START POS1 POS2 N1 1234 1236 1237 N2 1245 1248 1250 .. .. File 2 looks like NAME STRING N1 ABCDEFGH N2 EFGHBCD N3 PQRSSTUV .. ...... ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpesh
25 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append a string on the next line after a pattern string is found

Right now, my code is: s/Secondary Ins./Secondary Ins.\ 1/g It's adding a 1 as soon as it finds Secondary Ins. Primary Ins.: MEDICARE B DMERC Secondary Ins. 1: CONTINENTAL LIFE INS What I really want to achieve is having a 1 added on the next line that contain "Secondary Ins." It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeee
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help in adding a string at the end of each line and append files vertically

hi, i need a help in the script , need to append a string at the end of each line of a files , and append the files into a single file vertically. eg file1 has the following columns abc,def,aaa aaa,aa,aaa files 2 has the following rows and columns abc,def,aaa aaa,aa,aaa i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level MT-Safe | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)