Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with script that submits jobs at a certain time. Post 302189251 by Modki on Friday 25th of April 2008 10:03:46 AM
Old 04-25-2008
Help with script that submits jobs at a certain time.

Here's the line I type everyday.

Code:
echo  "submit daily 00559 00010 00011" | at 21:00

I dunno. I'm totally new to this. Basically I want this to be fool-proof for everyone else we've had people do things like:

subit daily 00559 00010 00011
submit daly 00559 00010 00011
Submit daily (no params)
submit daily 00559 00010 0001111

So I'm tired of seeing it messed up.. The company doesn't want it added to cron (don't ask long story)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overlapping(executing time) jobs in crontab

I do not have the luxery of a server that i can try on, so i had to post my qn here. Say i have two jobs in the cron table, the jobs are scheduled 2 mins apart. Assuming the first jobs does a lot of operations and takes > 2 mins. Will the second job be executed? Will Unix actually have a queue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

specific number jobs run at the same time

Hi, I have more that 100 jobs I can run background, if I want only 4 running at ther same time, how can I write a script to control it? Thanks peter (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Cron -- same time jobs

Hi Is it possible to run different cron jobs at the same time? It appears that when I run ones at 15 min granularity that they may prevent ones running later in the day. Should crons run at same time have impact on one another? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Cron Jobs not running at scheduled time

I've scheduled few jobs using cron. But they are not running ..... What might be the possible reasons ?? Also tell me how to troubleshoot............. Please help me ....... Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

At jobs - created date and time

Hi, I'm running atq for a user and its showing 2 'at' jobs in the queue to start at a later time. > atq Is there any way i can find out the creation date/time of these jobs? and ideally what job created them and what script(s) they are going to run? All i can see is the job number and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: finn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron jobs not running on time

on linux redhat, ubuntu systems, what reason would there be for a cron job not running at exactly the time it was scheduled to run, everytime? meaning, if i put something in cron to run every 120 seconds (2 minutes), why is it that some times, i find that cron would sometimes run the job a few... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
FascistCheck(3)                                               Debian GNU/Linux manual                                              FascistCheck(3)

NAME
FascistCheck - a pro-active password checker library SYNOPSIS
#include <crack.h> static char const CRACKLIB_DICTPATH[] = ...; extern char const * FascistCheck(char const passwd[], char const dictpath[]); DESCRIPTION
cracklib is a library containing the FascistCheck C function which may be used in a "passwd" like program. The idea is simple: try to pre- vent users from choosing passwords that could be guessed by "crack" by filtering them out, at source. cracklib is an offshoot of the the version 5 of the "crack" software and contains a considerable number of ideas nicked from the new software. The first formal argument password is the potential password. The second formal argument dictpath is the full path name + filename prefix of the cracklib dictionary database. FascistCheck returns the NULL pointer for a good password, or a pointer to a diagnostic string if it is a weak password. The database is in a binary format generated by the utilities crack_mkdict(8) and crack_packer(8). On a Debian system the database is located in the directory defined by the static constant CRACKLIB_DICTPATH and is set to /var/cache/cracklib/cracklib_dict. None of the subroutines in the cracklib libraries have this location hard-coded into their implementations. It is generated daily with the program /etc/cron.daily/cracklib. FILES
/var/cache/cracklib/cracklib_dict.[hwm|pwd|pwi] cracklib dictionary database files used by utilities. /etc/cron.daily/cracklib cracklib daily cron program to rebuild the cracklib dictionary database. /etc/cracklib/cracklib.conf cracklib configuration file used by the cracklib daily cron program to rebuild the cracklib dictionary database. /usr/sbin/crack_mkdict cracklib shell script to create initial list of words for dictionary database. /usr/share/doc/cracklib2-dev/examples Example cc(1) source files that show how FascistCheck is used. SEE ALSO
crack_teststr(8), crack_mkdict(8), update-cracklib(8) /usr/share/doc/cracklib2-dev/examples /usr/share/doc/cracklib2/cracklib2.html /usr/share/doc/cracklib2-dev/cracklib2-dev.html AUTHOR
cracklib2 is written by Alec Muffett <alecm@crypto.dircon.co.uk>. Manual added by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplejacq@quoininc.com>. 2.7-8.5 Wed, 3 Oct 2001 01:37:09 +0100 FascistCheck(3)