Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking New DNS Server on FreeBSD 7.0 Post 302189029 by Alpha_Harblo on Thursday 24th of April 2008 08:05:16 PM
Old 04-24-2008
New DNS Server on FreeBSD 7.0

Hope I can explain my problem well enough.

I have a DNS server that I'm wanting to replace with an older system. I configured this system exactly the same way as an older system running FreeBSD 6.3.

Here's the problem. Within the network, its working perfectly: performing queries, all the zones are working properly, just like the old system. When I try to do all the same things through the firewall, using its WAN IP, I get nothing. I even tried installing a new NIC card, but I get the same results.

I tried googling for the answer but I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

Last edited by Alpha_Harblo; 04-24-2008 at 09:13 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns server

Hi all, I need to know step by step procedure to configure and to test a dns server on redhatlinux 7.2. thanks and reg, bache gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD - DNS messages

Good morning/afternoon/evening all! I often get the following line in my /var/log/messages file: Mar 27 07:01:33 gateway named: denied update from .1261 for "mydomain.net" IN I have FreeBSD 4.4 and have a DNS server running which seems to work fine except for this message. Has anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ivo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

5. AIX

About dns server

Can we have a single DNS server with two different ipaddresses from two isp? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

FreeBSD as Server

Hi All, I am a newbie in Unix and Networking. Let me explain what I want. In my office, we work with terminals in windows as interface to Unix Server (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris). I would like to have the same set up at home. I am using a VMWare version of FreeBSD v7.0. I want it to be my Unix Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Freebsd Bind DNS server - multiple subnets

Hello all, I have configured Freebsd 8.1 Bind DNS as DNS server for intrenal domain and clients on one subnet 192.168.10.0/24 . What do I have to change in zone file and in in-addr.arpa zone file if I have two additional subsets 192.168.20.0/24 and 192.168.30.0/24? Do I have to create another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreno
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary file on DNS [FreeBSD]

I already installed FreeBSD.and I got default bind(9.6). I wanna install latest version(9.9),So i gonna remove 9.6 as follows: cd /usr/ports/dns/bind96 && make install clean This result: bind96 not installed, skipping I don't know why not installed.after that I ignore that and I install bind99... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberking
4 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
ldns-test-edns(1)					      General Commands Manual						 ldns-test-edns(1)

NAME
ldns-test-edns - test if dns cache supports EDNS and DNSSEC. SYNOPSIS
ldns-test-edns [ -i ] { ip } DESCRIPTION
ldns-test-edns tests a DNS cache and checks if it supports EDNS0 and DNSSEC types so that it can be used as a dnssec-enabled DNS cache. It sends two queries to the cache, one for the root key and one for a DS record. These must succeed, the answer must have EDNS, that type and signatures. If the IP address is good for DNSSEC, it is printed with 'OK'. Otherwise short description is given of the failure. If OK is given, the cache should be good to use as a cache for a local configured DNSSEC validator. The tool assumes the root is signed and Sweden is signed. Also, the queries are sent with the CD flag, the tool does not check that the results are validated, but that they can be validated. OPTIONS
-i option enables a mode where the working IP addresses are printed after another, with no other explanations, and if none work or no IP addresses are on the input, 'off' is printed. ldns-test-edns takes one or more IP addresses, it checks them in turn. IPv4 and IPv6 addresses can be given. The exit value is for the last checked IP address: 0 is OK, 1 is failure, 2 is some sort of network failure. AUTHOR
Written by the ldns team as an example for ldns usage. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 NLnet Labs. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. 14 Dec 2010 ldns-test-edns(1)