Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: exclude a line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting exclude a line Post 302188874 by Franklin52 on Thursday 24th of April 2008 12:28:41 PM
Old 04-24-2008
Some possibilties:

Code:
grep 'Nombre de ROLLBACK internes =' snapshot.txt |cut -d" " -f6

awk '/^Nombre de ROLLBACK internes =/{print $6}' snapshot.txt

sed '/^Nombre de ROLLBACK internes = /s/.*= //' snapshot.txt

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting 'tar' to exclude

I want 'tar' to exclude certain dir's. tar cvf ............. ............ does the whole lot, but I want to exclude the 'log' dirs. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exclude columns with a matching line pattern

Hi , I have 5 columns total and am wanting to search lines in columns 3-5 and basically grep -v patterns that match 'BBB_0123' 'BVG_0895' 'BSD_0987' Does anyone know how to do this? I tried combining grep -v with grep -e but, it didn't work. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greptastic
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have to exclude the first and last line of the file : help me

hi , i am very new to perl . scriptting.. pllease can any one help me ...pleaseeeeeee i ll have a file which look likes 123 |something |567 456 |welcome |789 457 |inboxpost |790 . . 123 |something |567 i have to execute all the lines in the file except the first and the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl exclude directories in command line

Hi, I use find command to list all the files in a directory and its sub-directories, but the problem is to exclude certain directories during search. Can i give the directory names in command line to skip them and search rest of the directories? For example i have directories: test ../test1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmattam
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude blank line

hi, how can i exclude blank line along with #, in the below command. crontab -l|grep -v "^#" |wc -l thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclude new line character while searching

Hi, I have a log file and want to search "0.48976360737438795" with excluding new line character. Currently i am using the following command: cat LogFile.log | tr -d '\n' | grep '0.48976360737438795' This command giving me the response if file size is small but if i am using a big file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit jain
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude files in ls

Hi, I need to exlucde the files which are present in exclude.txt from a directory exlcude.txt AUZ.txt AUZ.chk NZ.txt NZ.chk tried with below code but not working ls -ltr | grep -v `cat exclude.lst` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude string

I would like to write a script to check the log , if any line in the log have the string in include_list.txt but do not have the string in exclude_list.txt , then send alert mail to administrator , as below example , the line 1 have the string "string 4" ( which is in include_list.txt ) but do not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude First Line when awk

Hi there, Where do I add the !NR==1 into the awk statement such that it ignores the first line . awk '/1.2 Install/ {P=0} /1.1 Apply/ {P=1} P {print FILENAME, $0} ' solarisappsummary.txt solarisdbsummary.txt solaris_websummary.txt (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
12 Replies
ROLLBACK TO 
SAVEPOINT(7) SQL Commands ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT(7) NAME
ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT - roll back to a savepoint SYNOPSIS
ROLLBACK [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] TO [ SAVEPOINT ] savepoint_name DESCRIPTION
Roll back all commands that were executed after the savepoint was established. The savepoint remains valid and can be rolled back to again later, if needed. ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT implicitly destroys all savepoints that were established after the named savepoint. PARAMETERS
savepoint_name The savepoint to roll back to. NOTES
Use RELEASE SAVEPOINT [release_savepoint(7)] to destroy a savepoint without discarding the effects of commands executed after it was estab- lished. Specifying a savepoint name that has not been established is an error. Cursors have somewhat non-transactional behavior with respect to savepoints. Any cursor that is opened inside a savepoint will be closed when the savepoint is rolled back. If a previously opened cursor is affected by a FETCH command inside a savepoint that is later rolled back, the cursor position remains at the position that FETCH left it pointing to (that is, FETCH is not rolled back). Closing a cursor is not undone by rolling back, either. A cursor whose execution causes a transaction to abort is put in a cannot-execute state, so while the transaction can be restored using ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT, the cursor can no longer be used. EXAMPLES
To undo the effects of the commands executed after my_savepoint was established: ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; Cursor positions are not affected by savepoint rollback: BEGIN; DECLARE foo CURSOR FOR SELECT 1 UNION SELECT 2; SAVEPOINT foo; FETCH 1 FROM foo; ?column? ---------- 1 ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT foo; FETCH 1 FROM foo; ?column? ---------- 2 COMMIT; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard specifies that the key word SAVEPOINT is mandatory, but PostgreSQL and Oracle allow it to be omitted. SQL allows only WORK, not TRANSACTION, as a noise word after ROLLBACK. Also, SQL has an optional clause AND [ NO ] CHAIN which is not currently supported by PostgreSQL. Otherwise, this command conforms to the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], RELEASE SAVEPOINT [release_savepoint(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)], SAVEPOINT [savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT(7)