Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Almost impossible question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Almost impossible question Post 302188790 by danceofillusion on Thursday 24th of April 2008 08:59:33 AM
Old 04-24-2008
My version of UNIX isn't modern....I get the following error:

UX:find: ERROR: No action specified

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Question?

what is WDFP and WE STATION? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billybayou
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question?

Is there any way to use sed and count the number of alphabetic characters in a sentence? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brentdeback
4 Replies

3. AIX

OS Question

What AIX version I need to run a software in a R6000 model 6015/6020 in a IBM P5??? Im implementing a Hot SIte. Is this possible or I need identical systems hardware and software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IBravo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next to impossible question

I noticed that I have a print job that is hung up (lpstat -o) due to a broken printer. Is there a way to re-route the printed information into a text file? Or does it exist somewhere in UNIX as a text file? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Is it really impossible to force umount on HP-UX

Hello, yeah... here my question : Exist some way to force umount on HP other than reboot? Thanks gb (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc question

I am new to unix. how to get only the no. of lines output from the wc -l command. Input: wc -l filename it gives <no.of lines> filename i need only the interger value. as <no.of lines> Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Impossible to access on /vol1

hi team, I'm a new with Solaris system and i'm a french, so my english will not be very good but I'll try to explain my problem. I have a Sun server SunFire X4170 with Solaris 10 as OS. since last week I am not able to access on /vol1 anymore. And bellow are the warning messages which are... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerco
20 Replies
ERROR::PASS4(7stap)													       ERROR::PASS4(7stap)

NAME
error::pass4 - systemtap pass-4 errors DESCRIPTION
Errors that occur during pass 4 (compilation) have generally only a few causes: kernel or OS version changes The systemtap runtime and embedded-C fragments in the tapset library are designed to be portable across a wide range of OS versions. However, incompatibilities can occur when some OS changes occur, such as kernel modifications that change functions, types, or macros referenced by systemtap. Upstream builds of systemtap are often quickly updated to include relevant fixes, so try getting or making an updated build. If the issue persists, report the problem to the systemtap developers. buggy embedded-C code Embedded-C code in your own guru-mode script cannot be checked by systemtap, and is passed through verbatim to the compiler. Errors in such snippets of code may be found during the pass-4 compiler invocation, though may be hard to identify by the compiler errors. incompatible embedded-C code The interface standards between systemtap-generated code and embedded-C code occasionally change. For example, before version 1.8, arguments were passed using macros THIS->foo and THIS->__retvalue but from version 1.8 onward, using STAP_ARG_foo and STAP_RETVALUE. Adjust your embedded-C code to current standards, or use the stap --compatible=VERSION option to make systemtap use a different one. GATHERING MORE INFORMATION
It may be necessary to run systemtap with -k or -p3 to examine the generated C code. Increasing the verbosity of pass-4 with an option such as --vp 0001 can also help pinpoint the problem. SEE ALSO
stap(1), error::reporting(7stap) ERROR::PASS4(7stap)