Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find /Dir
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find /Dir Post 302188624 by era on Thursday 24th of April 2008 03:56:06 AM
Old 04-24-2008
Does the subdirectory exist directly under the directory you are examining, or could it be nested arbitrarily deeply?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

find whatever you are already finding |
while read dir; do
  find $dir -type d -name 'e*' | grep . && continue
  echo "$dir"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

To find a existence of a dir within a dir

Hi, I want to find whether a dir "temp" is present inside a dir. It should get a dir a input and search recursively within that directory to check whether temp is present and return 1 or return 0 if it is not present anywhere inside the directory/sub-directory. I know we can use readdir in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spsenthil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find some dir

hi everybody, i have dir structure like this, . ./processed ./results ./archive ./archive/processed ./archive/results ./archive/logs ./archive/decisions ./archive/error ./logs ./inbox ./decisions ./progress ./outbox ./config ./error (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and purge a files in a dir

HI All, I have recuirement to purge the files in a directory . In that directory i an having many sub-directory . When i use find command like find ~/work/test/insert -name "*.*" -mtime +12 it is listing the file not accesed before 12 , It also takes the subdirectories inside the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and remove last week dir

hello all, I want to ask, how to find last week directory and then remove it.. I have a directory in path /home/backup/ and, inside backup dir, I have 6 dir : - 01_20080414 ( today date ) - 02_20080414 ( today date ) - 01_20080413 - 02_20080413 - 01_20080407 ( last week date ) -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunimi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I ignore certain dir while using find? solved.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. I've got a problem while using find. I know there is a way to do it in man find which is something like find . -wholename './src/emacs' -prune -o -print it works but i also want to use -daystart, -mtime, -type on it and i dont know whats the sequence of these... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aquaraider
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find ,replace and overwrite from master and sub dir

Hello experts, Can someone please help me handling the below situation. I have files in multiple directories as below. /data/input/A.txt /data/input/a1.txt /data/input/adhoc/b.txt /data/input/adhoc/b1.txt /data/input/adhoc/temp/c.txt /data/input/adhoc/temp/d.txt where some of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasupuleti81
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find command to find exact dir from the root

I want to find a dir called STOP from the root.so what is the find command. Thanks & Regards Rajkumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directory immediately after the pattern dir name

Hi, From below directories path I need the directory which comes immediately after the "DataPath" /var/errors/LogDefaultPath/DataPath/Data01/Data02 (Directory name "Data01" is the result from this path) /var/errors/LogDefaultPath/DataPath/Log01/Log0202 (Directory name "Log01" is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yuvaan12
4 Replies
SHTOOL-MKSHADOW.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					    SHTOOL-MKSHADOW.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-mkshadow - GNU shtool create shadow tree using symlinks SYNOPSIS
shtool mkshadow [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-a|--all] src-dir dst-dir DESCRIPTION
This command creates a shadow tree of src-dir under dst-dir by recreating the directory hierarchy of src-dir under dst-dir and by creating the files of src-dir by linking them into the corresponding directories under dst-dir via symbolic links. When src-dir can be reached via relative paths from dst-dir, relative symbolic links are used, too. This high-level functionality is originally designed for developers to create copies of source trees. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -a, --all Really shadow all files and directories in src-dir. Default is to skip CVS related files and directories, backup files, object files, etc. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool mkshadow -v -a . /tmp/shadow HISTORY
The GNU shtool mkshadow command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later revised and taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), ln(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-MKSHADOW.TMP(1)