Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find /Dir
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find /Dir Post 302188624 by era on Thursday 24th of April 2008 03:56:06 AM
Old 04-24-2008
Does the subdirectory exist directly under the directory you are examining, or could it be nested arbitrarily deeply?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

find whatever you are already finding |
while read dir; do
  find $dir -type d -name 'e*' | grep . && continue
  echo "$dir"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

To find a existence of a dir within a dir

Hi, I want to find whether a dir "temp" is present inside a dir. It should get a dir a input and search recursively within that directory to check whether temp is present and return 1 or return 0 if it is not present anywhere inside the directory/sub-directory. I know we can use readdir in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spsenthil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find some dir

hi everybody, i have dir structure like this, . ./processed ./results ./archive ./archive/processed ./archive/results ./archive/logs ./archive/decisions ./archive/error ./logs ./inbox ./decisions ./progress ./outbox ./config ./error (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and purge a files in a dir

HI All, I have recuirement to purge the files in a directory . In that directory i an having many sub-directory . When i use find command like find ~/work/test/insert -name "*.*" -mtime +12 it is listing the file not accesed before 12 , It also takes the subdirectories inside the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and remove last week dir

hello all, I want to ask, how to find last week directory and then remove it.. I have a directory in path /home/backup/ and, inside backup dir, I have 6 dir : - 01_20080414 ( today date ) - 02_20080414 ( today date ) - 01_20080413 - 02_20080413 - 01_20080407 ( last week date ) -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunimi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I ignore certain dir while using find? solved.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. I've got a problem while using find. I know there is a way to do it in man find which is something like find . -wholename './src/emacs' -prune -o -print it works but i also want to use -daystart, -mtime, -type on it and i dont know whats the sequence of these... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aquaraider
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find ,replace and overwrite from master and sub dir

Hello experts, Can someone please help me handling the below situation. I have files in multiple directories as below. /data/input/A.txt /data/input/a1.txt /data/input/adhoc/b.txt /data/input/adhoc/b1.txt /data/input/adhoc/temp/c.txt /data/input/adhoc/temp/d.txt where some of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasupuleti81
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find command to find exact dir from the root

I want to find a dir called STOP from the root.so what is the find command. Thanks & Regards Rajkumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directory immediately after the pattern dir name

Hi, From below directories path I need the directory which comes immediately after the "DataPath" /var/errors/LogDefaultPath/DataPath/Data01/Data02 (Directory name "Data01" is the result from this path) /var/errors/LogDefaultPath/DataPath/Log01/Log0202 (Directory name "Log01" is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yuvaan12
4 Replies
IO::Dir(3perl)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    IO::Dir(3perl)

NAME
IO::Dir - supply object methods for directory handles SYNOPSIS
use IO::Dir; $d = IO::Dir->new("."); if (defined $d) { while (defined($_ = $d->read)) { something($_); } $d->rewind; while (defined($_ = $d->read)) { something_else($_); } undef $d; } tie %dir, 'IO::Dir', "."; foreach (keys %dir) { print $_, " " , $dir{$_}->size," "; } DESCRIPTION
The "IO::Dir" package provides two interfaces to perl's directory reading routines. The first interface is an object approach. "IO::Dir" provides an object constructor and methods, which are just wrappers around perl's built in directory reading routines. new ( [ DIRNAME ] ) "new" is the constructor for "IO::Dir" objects. It accepts one optional argument which, if given, "new" will pass to "open" The following methods are wrappers for the directory related functions built into perl (the trailing `dir' has been removed from the names). See perlfunc for details of these functions. open ( DIRNAME ) read () seek ( POS ) tell () rewind () close () "IO::Dir" also provides an interface to reading directories via a tied hash. The tied hash extends the interface beyond just the directory reading routines by the use of "lstat", from the "File::stat" package, "unlink", "rmdir" and "utime". tie %hash, 'IO::Dir', DIRNAME [, OPTIONS ] The keys of the hash will be the names of the entries in the directory. Reading a value from the hash will be the result of calling "File::stat::lstat". Deleting an element from the hash will delete the corresponding file or subdirectory, provided that "DIR_UNLINK" is included in the "OPTIONS". Assigning to an entry in the hash will cause the time stamps of the file to be modified. If the file does not exist then it will be created. Assigning a single integer to a hash element will cause both the access and modification times to be changed to that value. Alternatively a reference to an array of two values can be passed. The first array element will be used to set the access time and the second element will be used to set the modification time. SEE ALSO
File::stat AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perl5-porters@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2003 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-19 IO::Dir(3perl)