Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Country Codes script faster response ;please help Post 302188428 by zanetti321 on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 12:46:30 PM
Old 04-23-2008
Sorry

Sorry but i forget to put the input lines which is mentioned in my first words; it look like this:

Belgium1 ISC 3 924556808 393475157928 b 1B
Italy ISC 151 925082838 447717254923 b 26
ISC BT-GlasGow 152 88216900500 218925288836 f 1B
ISC Spain-Telefonica 14 964188208970 218925735325 b 29

Thanks
Zanetti

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the first script should notify in case there is no response from second

Hi Experts, I am trying to write a ksh script that it should notify in case there is no response from the other script. I mean to say that I got a.sh and b.sh the execution of b.sh depends on a.sh, so if there is no response from a.sh, b.sh should notify me about the same. Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajusa10
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script for Country Codes

Dear All I have a file which contains lines looks like this: ISC Egypt-Alex2 126 104541338 218926893238 f 1B ISC BT-Colindale 26 249126190534 218913486850 b 29 ISC Egypt-Cairo2 199 129026052 218927661509 b 26 As you see in each line $4 and $5 are phone numbers , i want a script which... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone make this script run faster?

One of our servers runs Solaris 8 and does not have "ls -lh" as a valid command. I wrote the following script to make the ls output easier to read and emulate "ls -lh" functionality. The script works, but it is slow when executed on a directory that contains a large number of files. Can anyone make... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse a file faster

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2 op=-1 msgId=-1 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make script faster

Hi all, In bash scripting, I use to read files: cat $file | while read line; do ... doneHowever, it's a very slow way to read file line by line. E.g. In a file that has 3 columns, and less than 400 rows, like this: I run next script: cat $line | while read line; do ## Reads each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlbertGM
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making script run faster

Can someone help me edit the below script to make it run faster? Shell: bash OS: Linux Red Hat The point of the script is to grab entire chunks of information that concerns the service "MEMORY_CHECK". For each chunk, the beginning starts with "service {", and ends with "}". I should... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize shell script to run faster

data.file: contact { contact_name=royce-rolls modified_attributes=0 modified_host_attributes=0 modified_service_attributes=0 host_notification_period=24x7 service_notification_period=24x7 last_host_notification=0 last_service_notification=0 host_notifications_enabled=1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works, but I think it could be better and faster

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and to bash scripting. I did some stuff with VB.net, Batch, and VBScripting in the past, but because I shifted over to Linux, I am learning to script in Bash at this moment. So bear with me if I seem to script like a newbie, that's just because I am ;-) OK, I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cornelvis
9 Replies
DHCPING(8)						      General Commands Manual							DHCPING(8)

NAME
dhcping - send a DHCP request to DHCP server to see if it's up and running SYNOPSIS
dhcping [-v] [-q] [-i] [-r] -t maxwait -c client-IP-address -s server-IP-address -h client-hardware-address [-g gateway-IP-address] DESCRIPTION
This command allows the system administrator to check if a remote DHCP server is still functioning. Options are: -v Verbose, print some information. -i Use DHCPINFORM packets. -r Use DHCPREQUEST packets (default behaviour). -q Quiet, print nothing on the screen. -t maxwait Maximum time to wait for an answer from the server in seconds. Default is 3 seconds. -c client-IP-address Request this IP address. Note that this is also the IP address the answer will be sent to. -s server-IP-address Send the DHCP packet to this IP address. -h client-hardware-address Use this hardware-address in the DHCP request. It can be up to sixteen octets seperated by colons (i.e. 01:02:03:04) -g gateway-IP-address Use this IP address for the gateway IP address in the DHCP packet. This option is currently broken. RETURN VALUES
If everything goes okay, it returns 0. If there went something wrong, it returns 1. SETUP
This program should be installed setuid root or ran by root only. See SECURITY for more information. On your DHCP server, add these lines to the dhcpd.conf: host <your monitoring host FQDN> { hardware ethernet <your monitor host mac address>; fixed-address <your monitoring host IP address>; } Then try it: $ dhcping -c your monitoring host IP address -s your DHCP server IP address -h your monitor host mac address It will either respond with "no answer" or "Got answer from: your DHCP server IP address" The DHCP server logfile will give: DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.1.1 from 00:20:18:56:29:8f via ed0 DHCPACK on 192.168.1.1 to 00:20:18:56:29:8f via ed0 DHCPRELEASE of 192.168.1.1 from 00:20:18:56:29:8f via ed0 (found) Running in DHCPINFORM mode with -i: If you see "DHCPINFORM from 192.168.1.1 via xl0: not authoritative for subnet 192.168.1.0", you should add the authoritative statement to the subnet, See dhcpd.conf(5) for details. When running in very verbose mode, dhcping tries to dump all data of the send and received DHCP packets. It will first dump the packet in hex-format, then decodes the header and finally the options. HOW IT WORKS
The client either sends a DHCPREQUEST or DHCPINFORM packet to the server and waits for an answer. Then, if a DHCPREQUEST was send, it will send a DHCPRELEASE back to the server. SECURITY
This program is installed setuid root as it requires the privileges to bind itself to port 68 (bootpc). Root privileges are dropped as soon as the program has bound itself to that port. BUGS
Currently (this may, or may not, change in the future) the ISC DHCP daemon does not write leases with a fixed IP address in the dhcpd.leases file. DHCPINFORM packets can only be used on subnets the server is authori- tative for. If the monitoring script runs on a subnet the server isn't authoritative for, it should use the DHCPREQUEST packets. I also experienced some problems with ISC DHCPD v2 servers, but that is also in the README of it. The -V option is still working, but shouldn't be used for debugging of the packets. Better use dhcpdump(8) for that, which is available on my website. I wanted to remove it, but decided only to do it from the documentation, not from the code. Maybe I'll need it one day for debugging. AUTHOR
Edwin Groothuis, edwin@mavetju.org (http://www.mavetju.org) SEE ALSO
dhcpd(8), dhclient(8), dhcpd.conf(5), dhcpdump(8) Januari 27, 2002 Januari 27, 2002 DHCPING(8)