Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in arithemetic operation Post 302188384 by subin_bala on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 10:27:57 AM
Old 04-23-2008
Problem in arithemetic operation

Hi All,

I am facing a problem while doing arithemetic operation
My code pasted below.

COUNT_BREAKTIME=`expr ($COUNT_TOTALTIME1 - $COUNT_AVGTIME) / $COUNTER`

error is ./OFR_Break_Avgtime.sh: command substitution: line 30: syntax error near unexpected token `$COUNT_TOTALTIME1'
./OFR_Break_Avgtime.sh: command substitution: line 30: `expr ($COUNT_TOTALTIME1 - $COUNT_AVGTIME) / $COUNTER'

can any one help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple operation

Fellows I ran in to a problem this morning and could not figure out a solution to it. I have a file like OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU" DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG " OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU" DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG " OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU" DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG " DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arithemetic problem

I am using a script which does a lot of math and I am facing a problem.One value is greater than 10 mi and the script converts it to exponents i.e 70000000 7e... and this is causing my statements to become invalid. This is what I used A=`expr "${total}-${FAC}"|bc` where $total and $FAC are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anujairaj
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

Hi all, Here is my situation. I have a text file TXT_FILE like this: john 123456 jack 94589 kelvin 94595 mary 88585 I want to read the first word in each line ( the name ) and assign to a string variable ( EX_LIST ) in my script so that I can use later as this commandfor i in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - arithemetic functions with external variables

I'm trying to get awk to do arithmetic functions with external variables and I'm getting an error that I cannot figure out how to fix. Insight would be appreciated money=$1 rate1=$(awk -F"\t " '/'$converting'/{print $3}' convert.table) rate2=$(awk -F"\t"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DKNUCKLES
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operation

Hi, I would like ask for you help for coding array operation. array= ( a b c d e f ) I would like to remove entry "d" from my array and import the remaining entries back to the array. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat operation

Hi, Can anyone explain me what is the functionality of this code cat << EOF > $TSTFILE /$1/ { print "SENT" } EOF Suggestions welcome Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string operation

I am trying to ask for full name in a script, Then echo back to the user with the surname only, omitting the first name. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orjnet
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Operation

/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/file4 this is the path...i have 2 variables filename and filepath...i want filename=file4 filepath=/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw i.e. i think i have to find last occurence of "/" in string and the string after "/" want to take in some variable and string before last "/"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lftp operation

dear all, I need to get files from ftp when only files consist of words 'EUROPE' ftp sources in folder /ftp1/ftp2/ftp3/201409 files inside /ftp1/ftp2/ftp3/201409is as below 201409_EUROPE_citizen.txt 201409_EUROPE_natality.txt 201409_EUROPE_occupancy.txt 201409_ASIA_citizen.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radius
1 Replies
volreattach(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    volreattach(8)

NAME
volreattach - Reattaches disk drives that have once again become accessible SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volreattach [-rb] [accessname...] /usr/sbin/volreattach -c accessname OPTIONS
The volreattach utility has the following options: Calls the volrecover utility to attempt to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the failed disk. Performs the reattach operation in the background. Checks whether a reattach is possible. No operation is performed, but the name of the disk group and disk media name at which the disk can be reattached is displayed. DESCRIPTION
The volreattach utility attempts to reattach disks using the same disk group and media names they had before detachment. This operation may be necessary if a disk has a transient failure, or if some disk drivers are unloaded or unloadable when the Logical Storage Manager is started, causing disks to enter the failed state. If the problem is fixed, the volreattach command can be used to reattach the disks without plexes being flagged as stale, as long as the reattach happens before any volumes on the disk are started. The volreattach command is called from the voldiskadm menus as part of disk recovery. The volreattach utility tries to find a disk with a disk group and disk ID matching that of the disk(s) being reattached. If the matching disk is found, the reattach operation may still fail if the original cause (or some other cause) for the disk failure still exists. EXIT CODES
A zero exit status is returned if it is possible to perform a reattach. Otherwise, non-zero is returned. SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8), volrecover(8) volreattach(8)