Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Throttling
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Throttling Post 302187993 by achararun on Tuesday 22nd of April 2008 12:10:11 PM
Old 04-22-2008
working partially

Hi era,

I am getting this error...

sed: can't read requests1: No such file or directory

Code is like this

while true; do
if head -n 500 requests1 > /app//reqs.txt;cd /f/app/Rp/bin
./sApp;
then
sed 1,500d requests1 > reqs.tmp
mv -f reqs.tmp requests1
test -s requests1 || break
else
echo "error";
fi
sleep 2000
done
rm requests1
else
echo " Please try later!! "
exit 0

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Throttling Process Resource Consumption

Is there a way of throttling a process resources, something akin to limits but for processes not users? ie I want processX to be restricted in the amount of memory it can consume. For process cpu I guess I can simply nice the process, but total memory consumption is my primary concern. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source

I receive the following warning messages on a very new machine which has FreeBSD 8.1 x64 installed on it: Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source It is unclear what this means and what its origins are (motherboard? CPU? RAM?). I can start the desktop and the message is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris sftp throttling?

I get poor performance when sftp'ing a file to a server on a SunOS 5.10 system, with Sun_SSH_1.1.4. The same client performs much better to a linux system at the same site. From a TCPdump, it appears that the Solaris server is throttling the thruput. After proceeding normally for a while, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AGermain
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Throttling a Yum Mirror sync

I'm building a yum mirror on Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is a fork of RHEL. I'm using uln-yum-mirror to create and maintain the mirror. In the Yum client, more specifically in /etc/yum.conf there is a throttle setting. Is there a like feature in /etc/sysconfig/uln-yum-mirror? If so, what is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies
insdelln(3XCURSES)					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					insdelln(3XCURSES)

NAME
insdelln, winsdelln - insert/delete lines to/from the window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int insdelln(int n); int winsdelln(WINDOW *win, int n); PARAMETERS
n Is the number of lines to insert or delete (positive n inserts; negative n deletes). win Is a pointer to the window in which to insert or delete a line. DESCRIPTION
The insdelln() and winsdelln() functions insert or delete blank lines in stdscr or win, respectively. When n is positive, n lines are added before the current line and the bottom n lines are lost; when n is negative, n lines are deleted starting with the current line, the remaining lines are moved up, and the bottom n lines are cleared. The position of the cursor does not change. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
deleteln(3XCURSES), insertln(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 insdelln(3XCURSES)