Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Numbers of records in SAS dataset Post 302187680 by cahook on Monday 21st of April 2008 04:55:05 PM
Old 04-21-2008
Does that option even work?

I am not familiar with -x as an option to SAS? Additionally, you will most likely have to write the process within a sas program and batch submit it in order to have SAS write an environment variable containing the information you seek.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Mainframe Dataset

Hi May I know is there a way to read/copy a mainframe (IBM OS/390) dataset (sequential file) into a UNIX directory? Thank you for your time. IcyGuava (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IcyGuava
4 Replies

2. Programming

Finding number of records in SAS dataset

I am running the following Korn shell script: #!/usr/bin/ksh num_records=`sas "select count(*) from /users/abc/123/sasdata.sas7bdat"` echo "$num_records" The script keeps returning an invalid file error even though I am certain that the file really exists. Does anyone see anything wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

seperating records with numbers from a set of numbers

I have two files one (numbers file)contains the numbers(approximately 30000) and the other file(record file) contains the records(approximately 40000)which may or may not contain the numbers from that file. I want to seperate the records which has the field 1=(any of the number from numbers... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Normalize a dataset with AWK

Hello everyone, i have to normalize this dataset (with 20.000 rows): 2,4,4,3,2,7,8,2,9,11,7,7,1,8,5,6 4,7,5,5,5,5,9,6,4,8,7,9,2,9,7,10 7,10,8,7,4,8,8,5,10,11,2,8,2,5,5,10 4,9,5,7,4,7,7,13,1,7,6,8,3,8,0,8,8 6,7,8,5,4,7,6,3,7,10,7,9,3,8,3,7,8 in this form:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: [raven]
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete records with the given line numbers

I have a file which has about 10000 records and I need to delete about 50 records from the file. I know line numbers and am using sed '134,1357,......d' filename > new file. It does not seem to be working. Please Advice (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a subset from a huge dataset

Hi, All I have a huge file which has 450G. Its tab-delimited format is as below x1 A 50020 1 x1 B 50021 8 x1 C 50022 9 x1 A 50023 10 x2 D 50024 5 x2 C 50025 7 x2 F 50026 8 x2 N 50027 1 : : Now, I want to extract a subset from this file. In this subset, column 1 is x10, column 2 is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
3 Replies

7. Programming

Dataset Library for C?

I am looking for an opensource dataset library for C. Something equivalent to ADO.Net. Specifically, I am looking for the following features: 1. Create a Dataset from a file (XML or CSV). 2. Create a Dataset from a select query using an ODBC connection. 3. Load a created Dataset into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a_programmer
1 Replies

8. Solaris

flarecreate for zfs root dataset and ignore multiple dataset

Hi All, I want to write a script to create flar images on multiple servers. In non zfs filesystem I am using -X option to refer a file to exclude mounts on different servers. but on ZFS -X option is not working. I want multiple mounts to be ignore on ZFS base system during flarecreate. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace numbers in records

hello every one I have file with following records begin ASX120016719 ASX190006729 ASX153406729 ASX190406759 ASX180006739 end for each record there is ASX word then 9 digits after it (NO spaces included) what i want is to : 1- skip ASX 2-skip first 2 digits after ASX word... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAS dataset to CSV

Hi Guys, Is there a way to export a sas file i.e .sas7bdat file to .csv file with header and data using unix. I dont want to use SAS program instead using unix tool or unix scripting is it possible ? (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
25 Replies
SMP_REP_PHY_EVENT(8)						     SMP_UTILS						      SMP_REP_PHY_EVENT(8)

NAME
smp_rep_phy_event - invoke REPORT PHY EVENT SMP function SYNOPSIS
smp_rep_phy_event [--help] [--hex] [--interface=PARAMS] [--phy=ID] [--raw] [--sa=SAS_ADDR] [--verbose] [--version] [--zero] SMP_DEVICE[,N] DESCRIPTION
Sends a SAS Management Protocol (SMP) REPORT PHY EVENT function request to a SMP target. The SMP target is identified by the SMP_DEVICE and the SAS_ADDR. Depending on the interface, the SAS_ADDR may be deduced from the SMP_DEVICE. The mpt interface uses SMP_DEVICE to identify a HBA (an SMP initiator) and needs the additional ,N to differentiate between HBAs if there are multiple present. OPTIONS
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -h, --help output the usage message then exit. -H, --hex output the response (less the CRC field) in hexadecimal. -I, --interface=PARAMS interface specific parameters. In this case "interface" refers to the path through the operating system to the SMP initiator. See the smp_utils man page for more information. -p, --phy=ID phy identifier. ID is a value between 0 and 254. Default is 0. -r, --raw send the response (less the CRC field) to stdout in binary. All error messages are sent to stderr. -s, --sa=SAS_ADDR specifies the SAS address of the SMP target device. Typically this is an expander. This option may not be needed if the SMP_DEVICE has the target's SAS address within it. The SAS_ADDR is in decimal but most SAS addresses are shown in hexadecimal. To give a number in hexadecimal either prefix it with '0x' or put a trailing 'h' on it. -v, --verbose increase the verbosity of the output. Can be used multiple times -V, --version print the version string and then exit. NOTES
Similar information is maintained for SAS SSP target phys (e.g. on a SAS disk). It can be obtained from the Protocol Specific Port log page with the sg_logs utility. Similar information may be obtained for SAS initiator phys (e.g. on a SAS HBA). As an example in Linux 2.6.28 error information can be found in this directory /sys/class/sas_phy/phy-4:0 (for the phy 0 in SCSI/SAS host 4). Similar information may be obtained for SATA device phys (e.g. on a SATA disk). If there is a SAT layer between OS and the SATA device then the sg_sat_phy_event utility can fetch the information. CONFORMING TO
The SMP REPORT PHY EVENT function was introduced in SAS-2 . AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
smp_utils, smp_phy_control, smp_rep_phy_event_list(smp_utils) sg_logs, sg_sat_phy_event(sg3_utils) smp_utils-0.96 May 2011 SMP_REP_PHY_EVENT(8)