Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Function call not return value into var Post 302187581 by katzs500 on Monday 21st of April 2008 01:27:40 PM
Old 04-21-2008
MySQL

Thanks man

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help with a function call

Hi, Can anyone help me figure out the problem I'm having with a function call? I have a header file, which sets an enum: typedef enum {INFO, WARNING, FATAL} Levels; int log_event (Levels, char *fmt, ...); ..then the function is called this way: log_event(INFO, "Message text"); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stevhp
6 Replies

2. Solaris

/var/cron/log Return Codes

I want to know if there is any documentation or any type of information that can give a list of all of the return codes that can be seen in the /var/cron/log. I have seen a couple in my log file. Example: rc=1 and rc=64. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjames
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Function call not return value into var

hi friends, I writing a script, one of the function there is: ################################### ########### Return 1 if has subfolders and 0 otherwise ################## # Get one Argument - Folder name Has_Subfolders() { count=0 cd $1 for zont in `ls -l | grep drw | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katzs500
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a value from called function to the calling function

I have two scripts. script1.sh looks -------------------------------- #!/bin/bash display() { echo "Welcome to Unix" } display ----------------------------- Script2.sh #!/bin/bash sh script1.sh //simply calling script1.sh ------------------------------ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

After exit from function it should not call other function

Below is my script that is function properly per my conditions but I am facing one problem here that is when one function fails then Iy should not check other functions but it calls the other function too So anyone can help me how could i achieve this? iNOUT i AM GIVING TO THE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - sub() function and NR==var

Why does this work: awk 'NR==3 sub(FS $NF,x)' inputfile But not this: var=3 awk -v i=$var 'NR==i sub(FS $NF,x)' inputfile How would you do the same thing as the first line of code, but with a variable? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Function call return value

Hi I have a function : Make_Report() { trx_report=`sqlplus -s $conn_str << @@ set echo off; set pages 0; set feedback off; set verify off; select srv_trx_s_no,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script

Not sure where the problem is. I can run the script without any issue using the following command. . /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh But it fails with the below error when I try it this way /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh: line 65: return: can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svajhala
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function - Make your function return an exit status

Hi All, Good Day, seeking for your assistance on how to not perform my 2nd, 3rd,4th etc.. function if my 1st function is in else condition. #Body function1() { if then echo "exist" else echo "not exist" } #if not exist in function1 my all other function will not proceed.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meister29
4 Replies
Email::Folder(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Email::Folder(3pm)

NAME
Email::Folder - read all the messages from a folder as Email::Simple objects. SYNOPSIS
use Email::Folder; my $folder = Email::Folder->new("some_file"); print join " ", map { $_->header("Subject") } $folder->messages; METHODS
new($folder, %options) Takes the name of a folder, and a hash of options If a 'reader' option is passed in then that is used as the class to read in messages with. messages Returns a list containing all of the messages in the folder. Can only be called once as it drains the iterator. next_message acts as an iterator. reads the next message from a folder. returns false at the end of the folder bless_message($message) Takes a raw RFC822 message and blesses it into a class. By default this is an Email::Simple object but can easily be overriden in a subclass. For example, this simple subclass just returns the raw rfc822 messages, and exposes the speed of the parser. package Email::RawFolder; use base 'Email::Folder'; sub bless_message { $_[1] }; 1; reader read-only accessor to the underlying Email::Reader subclass instance PERL EMAIL PROJECT
This module is maintained by the Perl Email Project <http://emailproject.perl.org/wiki/Email::Folder> AUTHORS
Simon Wistow <simon@thegestalt.org> Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYING
Copyright 2006, Simon Wistow Distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. This software is under no warranty and will probably ruin your life, kill your friends, burn your house and bring about the doobie brothers. SEE ALSO
Email::LocalDelivery, Email::FolderType, Email::Simple perl v5.10.0 2009-07-27 Email::Folder(3pm)