Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Clustering Solaris Zones/Containers Post 302187566 by pressy on Monday 21st of April 2008 12:53:21 PM
Old 04-21-2008
hi,

I've already installed such clusters for my costumers... so yes, it is possible... Smilie

At the last costumer it was Solaris 10 (u4) on two nodes with SunCluster 3.2. We had about 10 zones, 3 local and the rest on a failover FS. with the same ideas for the local zones, if the patching or updating on one zone fails, we still are able switch to the other node...

but like DukeNuke2 said, just call your sun partner, they should have the right consultant or system-engineer to answerer your questions. that's to much to answerer on a forum, you will have to design the cluster framework, the filesystems (global, failover or local) and the zones for your special needs. in short, yes it's possible, but if it's really the right solution for you, hmmm, good question...

since i am such a consultant from a sun partner, i know that there are a lot of questions about zones in a clusters Smilie
give them a chance, consultants don't bite SmilieSmilie

gP

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris containers/zones reboot order

Hi, I'm running containers/zones on Solaris 10: SunOS be2900 5.10 Generic_118833-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12 zoneadm list -vc gives: ID NAME STATUS PATH 0 global running / 1 bvsmapp01 running /zones/bvsmapp01 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
3 Replies

2. Solaris

need help on containers/zones

Hello, I have been using sparc workstations :SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Total 4 such machines. Users use it for mpich programming and all run solaris 8 but I always have hard time maintaining these machines. Authentication for these machines work from solaris 10 using NIS and there are nfs mounts on... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
14 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 Containers

While installing a Solaris 8 zone to a Solaris container I received this message. Anyone have this problem? Patchadd is terminating. Postprocess: Applying p2v module S31_fix_net Postprocess: Applying p2v module S32_fix_nfs Postprocess: Applying p2v module S33_fix_vfstab ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cornsnap
1 Replies

4. Solaris

difference between zones and containers

Hi Expects, Can broadly explain difference between Zones and containers. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Looking for equivalent of Solaris containers/zones in RHEL7 Linux

Hi, I come from a legacy Solaris background with lots of experience with Solaris Containers/zones that we use for network and process isolation from each other. Currently we have a RHEL7 Linux VM running on VMWare, but we would like to segment that VM with some form of containers and achieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
1 Replies
EXPCHK(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						EXPCHK(1p)

NAME
expchk - Check a keyrec file for expired zones SYNOPSIS
expchk -all -expired -valid -warn numdays -zone zonename -count -help keyrec_files DESCRIPTION
expchk checks a set of keyrec files to determine if the zone keyrecs are valid or expired. The type of zones displayed depends on the options chosen; if no options are given the expired zones will be listed. OPTIONS
-all Display expiration information on all zones, expired or valid, in the specified keyrec files. -expired Display expiration information on the expired zones in the specified keyrec files. This is the default action. -valid Display expiration information on the valid zones in the specified keyrec files. -warn numdays A warning will be given for each valid zone that will expire in numdays days. This option has no effect on expired zones. -zone zonename Display expiration information on the zone specified in zonename. -count Only the count of matching zones (valid or expired) will be given. If both types of zones are selected, then the count will be the number of zones in the specified keyrec files. -help Display a usage message. -Version Displays the version information for expchk and the DNSSEC-Tools package. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wayne Morrison, tewok@tislabs.com SEE ALSO
zonesigner(8) Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::keyrec.pm(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 EXPCHK(1p)