Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using Grep within a UNIX Script Post 302187508 by Sarahb29 on Monday 21st of April 2008 09:19:39 AM
Old 04-21-2008
Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could try next, or what this could possibly be?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script (grep -A 6 -B 2 "ORA-" filename

BACKGROUND: I am using Solaris 10. Some of my boxes have gnu grep and I can use -A and -B flags on those. However, the solaris flavor of grep won't use the flags -A or -B. And some of my boxes won't be getting gnu grep. Should I try using perl, awk, or sed? Actual PROBLEM: I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: el_guero
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script Help - Grep

Hi, I am new to UNIX Shell scripting, and will require some help. I am trying to search a directory with a number of files for a specific word, then if that word is found in any of the files, then the filename is appended to a log file or result file by ">" command. I have been trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sypherg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix grep

Hola, solicito ayuda para procesar un archivo de texto como el siguiente y luego obtener las variables. archivo.txt: Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.249.98.94, timeout is 2 seconds: Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 28/33/44 ms Variables a obtener: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunarriz
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep - Can I use grep to return a string with exactly n matches?

Hello, I looking to use grep to return a string with exactly n matches. I'm building off this: ls -aLl /bin | grep '^.\{9\}x' | tr -s ' ' -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 vi -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 view -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16008 May 25 2008... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script To Move Files Based On Grep

I am looking for advice on how to write a script that will rename and/or move files to a different directory based upon the results of a grep. Let's say I have ten files in a directory. Some of them - not all - contain the text 'HELLO'. I would like to be able to grep the files for that text,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjhjr64
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script use min resource ( grep grep)

Hi i wrote script use it as watchdog ( i mean it check another program (pooya) whenever that was killed (closed or crashed) it run another script (pooya_start.sh) to start it, this script work fine and do the job for me , i need help of an expert to tell me (exact command) how to change this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

New Unix user with shell script question using grep

Hello, I am a new Unix user and new to shell programming. I am working on a script to go through a log file and find the text error: grep -i 'error' monplus.mplog if I find the text error in the log file I would like to echo a message to the operator staing there is an error I am currently... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtracy01
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script Help - to grep an output and compute

Hi guys, I'm not a frequent visitor of this site so please forgive if this has been asked before. I'm trying to monitor the swap memory usage on my Solaris 10 Unix server. The command I'm wanting to run is: swap -s The output is: total: 33332016k bytes allocated + 40373832k... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d-train
2 Replies

10. Programming

Unix grep in perl script

Hello, Fairly simple really I have an xml file and I want to check to see if it contains a pattern. The pattern is "../" On the command line I can type: grep "\.\./" myFile.xml and I get desired result. To do the same thing in a perl script I thought it was as simple as putting the ``... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaymoney
4 Replies
analog(1)						      General Commands Manual							 analog(1)

NAME
analog - web server logfile analyser SYNOPSIS
analog --help analog [(-|+)1] [(-|+)4] [(-|+)5] [(-|+)6] [(-|+)7] [(-|+)A] [(-|+)a] [-B|+B[options]] [-b|+b[options]] [(-|+)C'configuration-line'] [-c|+c[options]] [(-|+)D] [(-|+)d] [-E|+E[options]] [-F|+Fdate] [-f|+f[options]] [-G] [+gfilename] [(-|+)H] [(-|+)h] [-I|+I[options]] [-i|+i[options]] [-J|+J[options]] [-j|+j[options]] [-K|+K[options]] [-k|+k[options]] [-L|+L[options]] [-l|+l[options]] [-M|+M[options]] [(-|+)m] [-N|+N[options]] [-n|+n[options]] [+Ooutput-file] [-o|+o[options]] [(-|+)P] [-p|+p[options]] [(-|+)Q] [-q|+q[[-|+]types]] [-R|+R[options]] [-r|+r[options]] [-S|+S[options]] [(-|+)S] [-T|+Tdate] [-t|+t[options]] [(-|+)Ucache] [-u|+u[options]] [-V|+V[[-|+]types]] [-v|+v[options]] [(-|+)W] [(-|+)w] [(-|+)X] [(-|+)x] [-Y|+Y[options]] [-y|+y[options]] [-Z|+Z[options]] [(-|+)z] [--settings] [logfile...] but normally just analog [-G] [+gfilename] DESCRIPTION
Analog is a program for analyzing log files, and is designed to be fast and to produce attractive statistics. The usual (and easier) way of configuring analog is through a configuration file, not command line options. For more information about writing a configuration file or about the command line options see Readme.html in the analog documentation. A description of what options are available for the non-time reports is available in othreps.html#othclarg in the analog documentation. OPTIONS
--help Display version and help information and exit. (-|+)1 Toggle the Yearly Report. (-|+)4 Toggle the Quarter-Hour Report. (-|+)5 Toggle the Five-Minute Report. (-|+)6 Toggle the Quarter-Hour Summary. (-|+)7 Toggle the Five-Minute Summary. (-|+)A Turn all the reports (except the General Summary) off or on. (-|+)a Toggle output style between HTML and PLAIN formats, respectively. -B|+B[options] Turn the Browser Report off or on, possibly setting options. -b|+b[options] Turn the Browser Summary off or on, possibly setting options. (-|+)C'configuration-line' Include configuration-line in the configuration commands. -c|+c[options] Turn the Status Code Report off or on, possibly setting options. (-|+)D Toggle the Daily Report. (-|+)d Toggle the Daily Summary. -E|+E[options] Turn the Redirection Report off or on, possibly setting options. -F|+Fdate Toggle or set the FROM date. Use -F to turn the FROM date off, and use +Fdate to set the FROM date. -f|+f[options] Turn the Referrer Report off or on, possibly setting options. -G Do not use the default configuration file. +gfilename Add filename to the list of configuration files. (-|+)H Turn the Hourly Report off or on, possibly setting options. (-|+)h Toggle the Hourly Summary. -I|+I[options] Turn the Failure Report off or on, possibly setting options. -i|+i[options] Turn the Directory Report off or on, possibly setting options. -J|+J[options] Turn the User Failure Report off or on, possibly setting options. -j|+j[options] Turn the User Redirection Report off or on, possibly setting options. -K|+K[options] Turn the Failed Referrer Report off or on, possibly setting options. -k|+k[options] Turn the Redirected Referrer Report off or on, possibly setting options. -L|+L[options] Turn the Host Failure Report off or on, possibly setting options. -l|+l[options] Turn the Host Redirection Report off or on, possibly setting options. -M|+M[options] Turn the Virtual Host Failure Report off or on, possibly setting options. (-|+)m Toggle the Monthly Report. -N|+N[options] Turn the Search Query Report off or on, possibly setting options. -n|+n[options] Turn the Search Word Report off or on, possibly setting options. (-|+)Ooutput-file Write output to output-file. Use - for stdout. -o|+o[options] Turn the Domain Report off or on, possibly setting options. (-|+)P Toggle the Processing Time Report. (-|+)p Toggle the Operating System Report. (-|+)Q Toggle the Quarterly Report. -q|+q[[-|+]types] Turn all warnings off/on, or remove/add/use exactly specified types of warnings. -R|+R[options] Turn the Virtual Host Redirection Report off or on, possibly setting options. -r|+r[options] Turn the Request Report off or on, possibly setting options. -S|+S[options] Turn the Host Report off or on, possibly setting options. -s|+s[options] Turn the Referring Site Report off or on, possibly setting options. -T|+Tdate Toggle or set the TO date. Use -T to turn the TO date off, and use +Tdate to set the TO date. -t|+t[options] Turn the File Type Report off or on, possibly setting options. (-|+)Ucache Use file cache for cache output. -u|+u[options] Turn the User Report off or on, possibly setting options. -V|+V[[-|+]types] Turn all debugging off/on, or remove/add/use exactly specified types of debugging messages. -v|+v[options] Turn the Virtual Host Report off or on, possibly setting options. (-|+)W Toggle the Weekly Report. (-|+)w Toggle the Hour of the Week Report. (-|+)X Toggle GOTOS (on and off only). (-|+)x Toggle the General Summary. -Y|+Y[options] Turn the Internal Search Query Report off or on, possibly setting options. -y|+y[options] Turn the Internal Search Word Report off or on, possibly setting options. -Z|+Z[options] Turn the Organization Report off or on, possibly setting options. (-|+)z Toggle the File Size Report. --settings Instead of processing any files, display in English the settings analog would use if it ran normally. This is useful for trou- bleshooting. logfile... The logfiles to be analysed. Use - for stdin. SEE ALSO
The analog home page at http://www.analog.cx/ The analog documentation on your local machine, or from the analog home page. BUGS
An up to date list of known bugs and bug fixes can be found at http://www.analog.cx/bugs.html AUTHORS
Analog and related documentation was written by Stephen Turner <analog-author@lists.meer.net>, with contributions from other authors. (See acknow.html in the analog documentation.) This man page was written by Alexander Toth <alex@purificator.net>. Analog Version 6.0 19 December 2004 analog(1)