Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run shell program in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run shell program in perl Post 302187451 by Yogesh Sawant on Monday 21st of April 2008 05:36:27 AM
Old 04-21-2008
here is a basic script that reads lines from a file and tries to run the script:
Code:
open(S_FILE, '<', $filename)  or  die "Failed to read file $filename: $!";
while (my $line = <S_FILE>) {
    print "Going to run: $line \n";
    system("$line");
}
close(S_FILE);

modify this script as per your needs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run a shell command from C program?

Hi mates, i am trying to use the C execvp command to run a shell program like this: ..... char input ; printf("enter your command"); scanf("%ds",input) execvp input .... Compilation is ok but when i run it raise the error : Segmentation Error ... your help will be appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdul
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to run different files under the same program using shell script

suppose have different files 1.1 2.2 3.3 4.4 5.5 All the files have to run under the same command say tr -d '\n' so how to run all the files under the same command by using shell script (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you run a unix script from a perl program

Hi all i have a unix script reformatter.sh i have a process whereby this script reformats a file before a perl program is used to update it i am having a little problem automating the entire process . is there a way whereby i can call the unix script from the perl program ? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwightja24
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script from C program by calling fork and execl

I need to write a c program that uses the fork and excel system calls to run the shell script mode invoked like this: "./mode 644 ls -l" (that is the argumetns will always be 644 ls -l) here's the mode script: #!/bin/sh octal="$1" shift find . -maxdepth 1 -perm $octal -exec $@ {} \; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: computethis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process and run a program in the background in perl?

Hi, I have a query about processing and running Perl program at the background. I have HTML file called Userform.html which accepts input from the user. As soon as input is given the contol goes to get.cgi (get.cgi does some processing and computing tasks). Actually get .cgi takes more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run a python program on multiple entries in a file

Hello I am trying to run a python program using shell script, which takes a single argument from a file. This file has one entry per line : 1aaa 2bbb 3ccc 4ddd 5eee ... ... ... My shell script runs the program, only for the last entry : #!/bin/sh IFS=$'\n' for line in $(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to hide shell terminal and run prompt program after ssh login for specified user

Hey guys, I have some task from my office to lock user on the specified directory after the user logged on using ssh. And then run prompt program to fill the required information. Yeah, just like an ATM system. My question: How could I do those?? AFAIK I have to edit the ~./bashrc. But the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to run a Shell script issues...

Hi all, I have the following Perl script which is intended to run a Shell script and generate some logging for the purposes of tracking weather or not the script ran. I get an error, of course, since I don't know what I'm doing really. Here is the code: #!/opt/perl/bin/perl -w ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting shell to Perl I run into shell built in function trap and need alternative in Perl

I am working on converting shell to Perl script. In shell we have built in function trap Do you know alternative in Perl or actually we don't need it? Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)