Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris Installing Solaris 10 Post 302187240 by cjdude on Sunday 20th of April 2008 12:59:04 PM
Old 04-20-2008
Thanks for the reply,

Im actually doing this at work so have no windows cd to try.. I just burnt the CD`s from download so assumed it would be ready..This is the first install iv done so im sorry if my details are a little shady..

how do I burn the iso image to the CD from file?

Thanks again.Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris 8

I'm new to Unix, and Installed Solaris 8 (IA) for the first time with the end user software group, I got the login screen at startup. When I re-installed it with the Full Distribution plus OEM support it bypasses the login screen and logs me as superuser (root). Is this normal? Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdrivas
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris

Hi I am trying to install Solaris for Intel, I am getting a error message saying can't open -VTOC. I have tried installing it on two PCs and I get the same error message on both PCs. Can some please help me. Thanks alot Chamkila (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chamkila
1 Replies

3. Solaris

installing solaris 10

hi all, i am trying to install solaris 10 into sun ultra 3000 i burn .iso image into cd-rw with 6x speed(iomega) and when i put into cdrom server i got the problem like below: {a} ok boot cdrom -s Boot device: /sbus@3,0/SUNW,fas@3,8800000/sd@6,0:f File and args: -s Bad magic number in disk... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
11 Replies

4. Solaris

installing solaris

i have a laptop that i am no longer using and wish to try and install solaris 10 on it for learning purposes but im stumped. i went to sun.com and downloaded the dvd image but i feel like im at a dead end. the files and folders on the dvd image are clearly meant to be used on an existing unix-based... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S1CK_0F_WINDOHS
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Re-installing Solaris

I am a Windows admin but we require the use of at least one SUN for an application that cannot be installed on Windows. We've had two SUN Netra X1 boxes for some time that have seen some use, but I'm told the newest version of the application cannot be installed on the version of Solaris that is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tawnos42
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

7. Hardware

Installing Solaris

Hello ladies and gentlemen I had a notebook 250 GB for windows 7, 250 GB for slackware, by the live dvd slaris i installed solaris in partition of windows, instalation ok, when i restart, i can not access menu bios or menu boot, and my notebook doesn't boot any dvd ,.. any help what i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
0 Replies
LIVEMEDIA-CREATOR(1)					      General Commands Manual					      LIVEMEDIA-CREATOR(1)

NAME
livemedia-creator - Create live install media SYNOPSIS
livemedia-creator [-h] (--make-iso | --make-disk | --make-fsimage | --make-appliance | --make-ami) [--iso ISO] [--disk-image DISK_IMAGE] [--fs-image FS_IMAGE] [--ks KS] [--image-name IMAGE_NAME] [--image-only] [--keep-image] [--no-virt] [--proxy PROXY] [--anaconda-arg ANACONDA_ARGS] [--armplatform ARMPLATFORM] [--location LOCATION] [--logfile LOGFILE] [--lorax-templates LORAX_TEMPLATES] [--tmp TMP] [--resultdir RESULT_DIR] [--app-name APP_NAME] [--app-template APP_TEMPLATE] [--app-file APP_FILE] [--ram MEMORY] [--vcpus VCPUS] [--vnc VNC] [--arch ARCH] [--kernel-args KERNEL_ARGS] [--dracut-arg DRACUT_ARGS] [--title TITLE] [--project PROJECT] [--releasever RELEASEVER] [--volid VOLID] [--squashfs_args SQUASHFS_ARGS] DESCRIPTION
livemedia-creator uses Anaconda, kickstart and Lorax to create bootable media that use the same install path as a normal system install. It can be used to make live isos, bootable (partitioned) disk images and filesystem images for use with virtualization. The general idea is to use virt-install to install into a disk image and then use the disk image to create the bootable media. livemedia-creator --help will describe all of the options available. At the minimum you need: --make-iso to create a final bootable .iso --iso to specify the Anaconda install media to use with virt-install --ks is the kickstart to use to install the system OPTIONAL ARGUMENTS
: -h, --help show this help message and exit --make-iso Build a live iso --make-disk Build a partitioned disk image --make-fsimage Build a filesystem image --make-appliance Build an appliance image and XML description --make-ami Build an ami image --iso ISO Anaconda installation .iso path to use for virt-install --disk-image DISK_IMAGE Path to disk image to use for creating final image --fs-image FS_IMAGE Path to filesystem image to use for creating final image --ks KS Kickstart file defining the install. --image-name IMAGE_NAME Name of fs/disk image to create. Default is a random name. --image-only Exit after creating fs/disk image. --keep-image Keep raw disk image after .iso creation --no-virt Use Anaconda's image install instead of virt-install --proxy PROXY proxy URL to use for the install --anaconda-arg ANACONDA_ARGS Additional argument to pass to anaconda (no-virt mode). Pass once for eachargument --armplatform ARMPLATFORM the platform to use when creating images for ARM, i.e., highbank, mvebu, omap,tegra, etc. --location LOCATION location of iso directory tree with initrd.img and vmlinuz. Used to run virt-install with a newer initrd than the iso. --logfile LOGFILE Path to logfile --lorax-templates LORAX_TEMPLATES Path to mako templates for lorax --tmp TMP Top level temporary directory --resultdir RESULT_DIR Directory to copy the resulting images and iso into. Defaults to the temporaryworking directory --title TITLE Substituted for @TITLE@ in bootloader config files --project PROJECT substituted for @PROJECT@ in bootloader config files --releasever RELEASEVER substituted for @VERSION@ in bootloader config files --volid VOLID volume id --squashfs_args SQUASHFS_ARGS additional squashfs args APPLIANCE ARGUMENTS
: --app-name APP_NAME Name of appliance to pass to template --app-template APP_TEMPLATE Path to template to use for appliance data. --app-file APP_FILE Appliance template results file. VIRT-INSTALL ARGUMENTS: --ram MEMORY Memory to allocate for installer in megabytes. --vcpus VCPUS Passed to --vcpus command --vnc VNC Passed to --graphics command --arch ARCH Passed to --arch command --kernel-args KERNEL_ARGS Additional argument to pass to the installation kernel DRACUT ARGUMENTS
: --dracut-arg DRACUT_ARGS Argument to pass to dracut when rebuilding the initramfs. Pass this once foreach argument. NOTE: this overrides the default. SEE ALSO
Documentation in /usr/share/docs/lorax/README.livemedia-creator AUTHOR
Brian C. Lane 2013-07-26 LIVEMEDIA-CREATOR(1)