Visit Our UNIX and Linux User Community

Full Discussion: OpenBoot OEM Logo
Operating Systems Solaris OpenBoot OEM Logo Post 302187189 by sparcguy on Saturday 19th of April 2008 11:13:50 PM
Old 04-20-2008
Years ago I used know this very talented programmer/unix field engineer back in the field service teams he actually managed to replace the sun logo with a somewhat greyish photograph of his girlfiriend, I was very amazed, this guy is a tinkerer I still dunno how he did it but I know played around extensively with forte and obp.Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How I can reset Ultra 5 OpenBoot

I'm trying to configure Ultra 5 workstation to be accessed by Win HyperTerminal. I make this change on open boot : setenv input-device ttya setenv output-device ttya boot After that, I can't acess by HyperTerminal and the keyboard / monitor don't work anymore. Anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubriaco
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OEM - what does this abbreviation stand for?

Just saw this OEM abbreviation during installation of Solaris 8. I'm curious to know what the letters stand for and what OEM actually is. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change date on OpenBoot

hi all, I wonder how to change the date and timezone in OpenBoot prompt. Appreciate any idea. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrec
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenBoot Loading Problem

I am using a SunBlade 100 system and accidently set a new alias for keyboard, now when it start it gives the following error, The selected input device has no read routine. Keyboard not present using ttya for input and output. Now i cannot execute any commands on the OBP and i just gets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumwhriblong
3 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenBoot Simulator

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible find a openboot simulator for solaris to can practice some exercices Thanks a lot and sorry for my english! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Openboot does not display

Hey guys I just inherited a sun netra 210 from an old Avaya system we had setup and I want to use i for studying for my SCSA/OCA exams but I'm running into alot of problems installing SOL 10 on here. I have no experience with SUN hardware at all but familiar with Solaris. It has SOL 9 but no one... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackmantis
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

openboot promt on Solaris VM

Hello, Is it possible to go to the openboot promt on a solaris VM on vmware or virtualbox? Please advise.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lubu
1 Replies
BEASTIE.4TH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    BEASTIE.4TH(8)

NAME
beastie.4th -- FreeBSD ASCII art boot module DESCRIPTION
The file that goes by the name of beastie.4th is a set of commands designed to draw the ASCII art FreeBSD mascot -- known simply as beastie -- to the right of the boot loader menu. The commands of beastie.4th by themselves are not enough for most uses. Please refer to the exam- ples below for the most common situations, and to loader(8) for additional commands. Before using any of the commands provided in beastie.4th, it must be included through the command: include beastie.4th This line is present in the default /boot/loader.rc file, so it is not needed (and should not be re-issued) in a normal setup. The commands provided by it are: draw-beastie Draws the FreeBSD logo. The logo that is drawn is configured by setting the loader_logo variable in loader.conf(5) to one of ``beastie'', ``beastiebw'', ``fbsdbw'', ``orb'', and ``orbbw'' (the default). The position of the logo can be configured by setting the loader_logo_x and loader_logo_y variables in loader.conf(5). The default values are 46 (x) and 4 (y). clear-beastie Clears the screen of beastie. beastie-start Initializes the interactive boot loader menu. The loader_delay variable can be configured in loader.conf(5) to the number of seconds you would like to delay loading the boot menu. During the delay the user can press Ctrl-C to fall back to autoboot or ENTER to proceed. The default behavior is to not delay. The environment variables that effect its behavior are: loader_logo Selects the desired logo in the beastie boot menu. Possible values are: ``fbsdbw'', ``beastie'', ``beastiebw'', ``orb'', ``orbbw'' (default), and ``none''. loader_logo_x Sets the desired column position of the logo. Default is 46. loader_logo_y Sets the desired row position of the logo. Default is 4. beastie_disable If set to ``YES'', the beastie boot menu will be skipped. The beastie boot menu is always skipped if booting UEFI or running non-x86 hardware. loader_delay If set to a number higher than zero, introduces a delay before starting the beastie boot menu. During the delay the user can press either Ctrl-C to skip the menu or ENTER to proceed to the menu. The default is to not delay when loading the menu. FILES
/boot/loader The loader(8). /boot/beastie.4th beastie.4th itself. /boot/loader.rc loader(8) bootstrapping script. EXAMPLES
Standard i386 /boot/loader.rc: include /boot/beastie.4th beastie-start Set a different logo in loader.conf(5): loader_logo="beastie" SEE ALSO
loader.conf(5), loader(8), loader.4th(8) HISTORY
The beastie.4th set of commands first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. AUTHORS
The beastie.4th set of commands was written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>, Aleksander Fafula <alex@fafula.com> and Devin Teske <dteske@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
April 27, 2014 BSD

Featured Tech Videos