Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retreive content between specific lines ina file Post 302187117 by chennaitomcruis on Saturday 19th of April 2008 10:05:28 AM
Old 04-19-2008
Thanks a lot franklin.
But I get a syntax error at the semi colon part

Sorry ima perfect newbie to unix scriptingSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fast way to retreive a list of lines

hi there, i have to read lines from the file, where the line is just above the pattern am looking for typically this looks like this <time-stamp>|----- <pattern am searching >...... <time-stamp>|..... <some garbage > .... the log file is big wc -l ~/log/ompe.log.20081203... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranreddy1215
8 Replies

2. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print the file content from the specific line

Hi All, I would like to print the content from the specific line of a file . For example... i have file abc.txt which has 100 lines of code ,from this file i would like to print the content from 20,19,18th line......like that Regards Srikanth (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file content into specific folders

Hi I have a large text file and I want to split its content into multiple flies. this large file contains several blocks of codes separated by a comment line for each block. this comment line represents a directory path So, when separate these blocks each into a separate file, This output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display specific lines content from the file

Hell, I want to grep certain word from file and display above 2 lines and after two lines. Here is the content of sample file. Mar 14, 2013 12:56:59 AM Agent.Agent SendTo INFO: Connection to server:7041 - Credential Transmit Successesful Mar 14, 2013 8:54:21 AM cgent SendTo WARNING:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick UNIX command to display specific lines in the middle of a file from/to specific word

This could be a really dummy question. I have a log text file. What unix command to extract line from specific string to another specific string. Is it something similar to?: more +/"string" file_name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aku
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process a specific number of files ina list

Hello, I have a list of files that was created with, FILES='./'$FOLD'/'$FOLD'_continue/'$OPTIMIZE_ON'/'*'out.txt' I am doing a loop on this list for INPUT in $FILES do ... done but I may not want to process everything. Is there a simple way to just process the first 5,10,n, etc in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep content between specific lines

cat file1 *FileHeader* Partition 0 Total Data Bytes 1416 Avg Bytes/Record 1416 Others 1 PRDX22.AUDIT_DATA_INFO Partition 4 Total Data Bytes 4615 Avg... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
8 Replies
CSV2MIPE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       CSV2MIPE(1)

NAME
csv2mipe.pl - Generates MIPE file based on 3 tab-delimited files based on MIPE version v1.1 arguments: * tab-delimited file with PCR-level data * tab-delimited file with SNP-level data * tab-delimited file with assay-level data Columns in file with PCR-level data: pcr_id pcr_modified (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_project (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_researcher (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_species source_type source_id design_seq primer1_oligo primer1_seq primer1_tm primer2_oligo primer2_seq primer2_tm design_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") use_seq use_revcomp use_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") pcr_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") Columns in file with SNP-level data: pcr_id snp_id snp_pos snp_amb snp_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") Columns in file with assay-level data: pcr_id snp_id assay_id assay_type assay_enzyme assay_oligo assay_specific assay_tail assay_strand assay_remark (might be multiple, divided by semi-colon ";") SYNOPSIS
csv2mipe.pl <pcr_file.csv> <snp_file.csv> <assay_file.csv> ADDITIONAL INFO
See http://mipe.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Jan Aerts (jan.aerts@bbsrc.ac.uk) perl v5.14.2 2005-07-20 CSV2MIPE(1)