Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Portrait: Luis Villa, from Bugzilla to bar association Post 302186971 by Linux Bot on Friday 18th of April 2008 02:40:05 PM
Old 04-18-2008
Portrait: Luis Villa, from Bugzilla to bar association

Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:00:00 GMT
In 10 years, Luis Villa has seen his career expand side by side with free and open source software (FOSS). Starting as bugmaster at Ximian, one of the companies that shaped GNOME as we know it today, he has been a mid-level manager at Novell, the coordinator of testing with the GNOME project, and a frequent member of the GNOME Foundation Board. More recently, Villa has been a student at Harvard Law School. When he graduates, he hopes to use his knowledge of how FOSS and business interact to benefit both.

Source...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Extension association in CDE

Hi, Any idea how to define the file extension association within CDE. I need to tell dtfile (the file manager) to open *.log files as text documents and not emails... Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Association b/w sockets & processes

Hi, Is there any way i can know the association between sockets and the processes which created them. :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soorajmu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space and vertical bar with verical bar

I am trying to get sed, tr or awk to search a file that contains records with fields delimited by the vertical bar | and replace the occurrences in the records where the vertical bar is preceded by a space " |" with a vertical bar. Sample data record zelli |||59 Stonewall Dr ||W Barnstable |MA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clintrpeterson
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use the filehandle stored in a variable without knowing its file association

how to use the filehandle stored in a variable without knowing its file association i.e. the filename code my $logFH = $connObj->get('logFH'); infoPrint("Variable is of type IO \n") if(UNIVERSAL::isa($logFH, 'IO')); infoPrint("$logFH\n"); output == INFO :: Variable is of type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File association

Hi, I'm using unix solaris 2.8 with CDE and I would modify the file association in my desktop. I found the file /usr/dt/appconfig/types/C/datatypes.dt from this topic : File Extension association in CDE | Unix Linux Forums | UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers but this file can only be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toug
3 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)