Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kernel Profiling
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Kernel Profiling Post 302186514 by Ashok V on Thursday 17th of April 2008 12:07:41 PM
Old 04-17-2008
Data Kernel Profiling

I compiled my device driver with the profiling option -p but while linking I am getting undefined reference to _mcount.

LD [M] /vobs/femto_drivers/DspBiosLink/dsplinkk/src/dsplinkk.o
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST
*** Warning: "_mcount" [/vobs/femto_drivers/DspBiosLink/dsplinkk/src/dsplinkk.ko] undefined!

Architechture: ppc32

From where I can link this _mcount and how to get rid of this issue. Can anyone please guide me.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Profiling..entry for a function in pthread_create

Hello, i am try to write a profiler for a multithreaded applciation. When i creat e a thread for "function f2()" the profiling information for this function does not get captured in the struct profileManager. i;e i get the exit information for "function f2()" in that thread, but the entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikky Panchal
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

profiling execution of a process

question goes like this : Explain how users can profile execution of a process with help of an example? can some one pls give me the answer?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh1988
1 Replies

4. Programming

Profiling results and SMP

The SCO OSR 5.7 system was migrated from older HP DL360 to new DL380 G7. The SMP feature was not activated on older box, it is activated now on this 4 core Xeon. A s/w we maintain has been copied without any change over to the new box. I noticed that the application profiling does not show any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies

5. AIX

C profiling tool for AIX

Hello everybody, Please let me know if there are any free C profiling tool for AIX environment Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteAlma
0 Replies

6. Debian

Profiling Processes while shutdown

I was wondering how can I find the culprit of a slow shutdown on my debian box? I am actually looking for a diagnosis tool that might dump the process name and amount of time it took to close the process after signal was send. As for now I am trying to use journalctl to seek some information,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varun Pandey
5 Replies
SETARCH(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							SETARCH(8)

NAME
setarch - change reported architecture in new program environment and set personality flags SYNOPSIS
setarch arch [options] [program [arguments]] arch [options] [program [arguments]] DESCRIPTION
setarch This utility currently only affects the output of uname -m. For example, on an AMD64 system, running 'setarch i386 program' will cause 'program' to see i686 (or other relevant arch) instead of x86_64 as machine type. It also allows to set various personality options. The default program is /bin/sh. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be verbose. -h, --help Display help (it is also displayed when setarch takes no arguments). -3, --3gb Specifies that processes should use a maximum of 3GB of address space on systems where it is supported (ADDR_LIMIT_3GB). -B, --32bit Turns on ADDR_LIMIT_32BIT. -F, --fdpic-funcptrs Userspace function pointers point to descriptors (turns on FDPIC_FUNCPTRS). -I, --short-inode Turns on SHORT_INODE. -L, --addr-compat-layout Changes the way virtual memory is allocated (turns on the ADDR_COMPAT_LAYOUT). -R, --addr-no-randomize Disables randomization of the virtual address space (turns on ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE). -S, --whole-seconds Turns on WHOLE_SECONDS. -T, --sticky-timeouts Turns on STICKY_TIMEOUTS. -X --read-implies-exec Turns on READ_IMPLIES_EXEC. -Z, mmap-page-zero Turns on MMAP_PAGE_ZERO. EXAMPLES
setarch ppc32 rpmbuild --target=ppc --rebuild foo.src.rpm setarch ppc32 -v -vL3 rpmbuild --target=ppc --rebuild bar.src.rpm setarch ppc32 --32bit rpmbuild --target=ppc --rebuild foo.src.rpm AUTHOR
Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> Jindrich Novy <jnovy@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The setarch command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. setarch Jun 2007 SETARCH(8)