Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers need solution for this quickly. please quickly. Post 302186342 by p.palakj.shah on Thursday 17th of April 2008 02:45:04 AM
Old 04-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaconf19
sounds like homework
no...............

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help quickly..

I want to pass arguments to a sh program and I want to use these arguments in the program as variables? Will I use argc and argv in a main function can anyone around me write the full code please for example when I write in th command sh myprogram.sh argument1 argument2 I want to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

2. AIX

Root partition fills up very quickly

Hi, I have an AIX 4.3 H80 running oracle 8i. My /(ROOT) partion is mounted seperately from others (/usr, /var, /tmp, etc) However, the partion fills up almost nightly. Appreciate any ideas that'll help solve my problem. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svjn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing tmp file too quickly?

Still trying to get the basics down and I would like a different solution to what I'm currently doing and a better understanding of why it's happening. I've written a simple backup script that tars individual directories and then dumps them to a NFS drive. STDERR is being dumped into a process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandelbrot333
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing directory quickly without cd ..

Hi, I am in /home/development/project/abc directory. Now I want to remove one file which is kept in /trial/dev/<file> directory. I would like to do it in one command. I tried changing directory in one command like: pwd /home/development/project/abc cd ~/trial/dev/ bash: no command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing lookup quickly

Hello, Have been trying to develop a script that reads a string from an input file then looks up that string in a reference file to get a number, then inset that number back into the original file at a certain point (_____): Input File: HARRY JON _____ AA M N PETER PIE ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dendright
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help quickly

Hello everyone! I am new here and by new i don't mean only in this place, but in this shell scripting area. I started learning about Operation Systems only 2 months ago. I want to learn more but i found a problem which I don't really know how to solve. :confused: I have a directory with 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stripes07
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Service is restarting too quickly

Hi guys, one of my services in solaris 10 is in maintenance mode. When I checked why, the reason is that the service is "restarting too quickly." # svcs -x svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default (Sun Solstice Enterprise Master Agent) State:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)