Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mathmatical expression
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mathmatical expression Post 302185962 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 07:44:54 AM
Old 04-16-2008
define not working; it is your formula, so you are the one who knows what you need.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Work around for a mathmatical assignment

Hi All, I want to a mathematical callculations as follow: I have a file FILE1 I want to do following assignment COUNTER1=`grep -n $string1 FILE1 | cut -d : -f1` This will give me number of the line on which the string occured. COUNTER2=`grep -n $string2 FILE1 | cut -d : -f1` Same as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENC22
4 Replies

3. Programming

error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression

I had seen this error for the first time ..... error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
12 Replies

4. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with an expression

I have searched and can't seem to find or understand :confused: how to put together the right expression so my script doesn't traverse .files like .ssh and to skip certain dir's. So if I'm searching /dir1 but didn't want to search /dir1/this_dir What do I need to add to this statement for that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

7. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with an if expression..

hello everyone.. as i said in a previous thread again, im new in linux shell programming and i came up with a new problem i cant solve. so i need your help.. this is the code #!/bin/sh a=0 while do a=`expr $a + 1` b=$(( 3 * $a )) if ; then continue fi echo "$a" done what im... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Telis
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why Relational Expression is Writing to a Expression?

Hello All, Not sure why this is happening... When the following If Statement is evaluated for some reason it is creating a file in the CWD called '0'. I've seen this happen before, just not in an If Statement... CODE: if then DIR_NAME="$1" DIR_SIZE=0 STATUS="" else... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies
FORMULACHECK(1) 						   User Commands						   FORMULACHECK(1)

NAME
formulacheck - check a boolean formula SYNOPSIS
formulacheck [OPTION]... [INFILE] DESCRIPTION
Checks whether the boolean formula (an mCRL2 data expression of sort Bool) in INFILE holds. If INFILE is not present, stdin is used. OPTIONS
OPTION can be any of the following: -c, --counter-example display a valuation for which the formula does not hold, in case it is neither a contradiction nor a tautology -o, --induction apply induction on lists -pPREFIX, --print-dot=PREFIX save a .dot file of the resulting BDD if it is impossible to determine whether the formula is a contradiction or a tautology; PREFIX will be used as prefix of the output files -rNAME, --rewriter=NAME use rewrite strategy NAME: 'jitty' for jitty rewriting (default), 'jittyc' for compiled jitty rewriting, 'jittyp' for jitty rewriting with prover -zSOLVER, --smt-solver=SOLVER use SOLVER to remove inconsistent paths from the internally used BDDs (by default, no path elimination is applied): 'cvc' for the SMT solver CVC3 -sSPECFILE, --spec=SPECFILE check the formula against the data types from the LPS or PBES in SPECFILE -tLIMIT, --time-limit=LIMIT spend at most LIMIT seconds on proving a single formula --timings[=FILE] append timing measurements to FILE. Measurements are written to standard error if no FILE is provided -w, --witness display a valuation for which the formula holds, in case it is neither a contradiction nor a tautology Standard options: -q, --quiet do not display warning messages -v, --verbose display short intermediate messages -d, --debug display detailed intermediate messages --log-level=LEVEL display intermediate messages up to and including level -h, --help display help information --version display version information AUTHOR
Written by Luc Engelen. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at <http://www.mcrl2.org/issuetracker>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Technische Universiteit Eindhoven. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the Boost Software License <http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
See also the manual at <http://www.mcrl2.org/mcrl2/wiki/index.php/User_manual/formulacheck>. formulacheck mCRL2 toolset 201202.0 (Release) April 2012 FORMULACHECK(1)