Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming GUI applications on SunSolaris and RedHat Linux Post 302185924 by era on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 05:43:19 AM
Old 04-16-2008
If you meant the GUI parts in particular, GTK+ and QT are the strong contenders I believe.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.1 GUI

I am trying to install a Linux LFS server. I have not been able to figure out how to get the GUI to load up. I'm not even sure if it has been installed. Any information would be greatly appreciatted. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlcrowder
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GUI for Redhat Linux

I just installed Redhat Linux 8.0 and I do not know how to get to my GUI Desktop. Right now I'm just in the shell please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savagebeast
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Find cmd working in Linux and not in SunSolaris 5.8

find . -type f -mtime -1 -ls command not working in sun solaris 5.8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotbaweja
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problems running redhat config samba in the GUI

hi Recently the above option has stopped working all together. On clicking on this option it appears as though the window will open as the outline of the box appears but nothing more. On running this from a command prompt within the GUI , I get the following error: The last line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timcs
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting SunSolaris Filesystem on Linux Ubuntu Server

Can someone please help me out here. I have SunSolaris server that has a ridiculous about of space on it. several hundred gigabytes of space. There are lots of partitions on this server that has at least 100Gs on them. I want to mount just one of these partitions on my Linux server so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Installing applications by avoiding GUI

Hi Experts, Now the problem is when I run the install script inside .app folder, it opens a GUI and asks for user input. I want to avoid these GUI. I want to provide input when i run install script e.g. $ ./install < inputfile I used to redirect input from input file to install script. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI Applications

Hi Experts, Can anyone suggest me kindly, whether designing some small GUI applications are possible in shell scripting..... Like a small calculator kind of stuff....... I fit is possible guide me with some examples. Thanks, Newbie....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat Linux GUI Issues

hi all i have installed Windows 7 first. then i installed linux on dual partations... i am booting both of them through dual boot... but when i start linux its only working well with CUI, when i used commands like startx or changed the initd to 5 then its loading the GUI interface of RedHat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nikhil Dethe
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

[Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode

Hi Guys Required help in Redhat 6.1. After installation of Redhat 6.1 in VMware system is not going in GUI mode. please to solve the issue... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
5 Replies
libgdk-x11-2.0.3(3)					 Introduction to Library Functions				       libgdk-x11-2.0.3(3)

NAME
libgdk-x11-2.0 - GTK+ Drawing Kit API DESCRIPTION
The libgdk-x11-2.0 library is an implementation of the GTK+ drawing kit for the X11 windowing system. It is used by GTK+ for low-level drawing operations. Most applications will not use GDK directly, but will use GTK+ components (see libgtk-x11-2.0(3)). To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.GTK+ Drawing Kit API shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0(3), gdk-pixbuf-csource(3), libglib-2.0(3), libgobject-2.0(3), libgtk-x11-2.0(3), X11(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 libgdk-x11-2.0.3(3)