Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: list files commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting list files commands Post 302185893 by lweegp on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 04:40:02 AM
Old 04-16-2008
list files commands

hi all scripting gurus,

need some guide and advise from you.

i'm trying to list all the files in the year 2004 and the file format is something like this: 11176MZ00004JV900004JVB00004JVCcDBU20041206.txt try to use the symbol ^ but somehow it does not help.

i try this as well: ls -ltr | grep 200401 | more and it does shows the files listed in 2004 but also in 2005 and 2006. any way i can refine this search? Smilie

can anyone help? many thanks. Smilie

wee

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List of Commands for Unix Please

Hello, I have recentlly been given access to a Unix based server in order to learn how to operate a Unix machine.. i have never used Unix before and am in need of a list of commands and there functions.. if you have one available please send it to me in .txt or wordpad document form.. thank you in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShdwMaster
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Thorough List of FreeBSD commands?!?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a site that covered all or many of FreeBSD's built in commands. I would also like to know what FreeBSD automatically logs, and where it logs it. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kyser_Soze
1 Replies

3. Solaris

List of Commands

Dear All, I am a new Administrator of Solaris in the company , I need a list of the commands pls ... Regards Adel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparison List of commands

Hi, I would like to have a list of commands in a table, see below example Command description HPUNIX SUN UNIX IBM AIX all above i need comparison list of commands ASAP please.......... B.R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: f_amshan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for maintaining the list of commands used

Hi, There is a command by which you can maintain a list of commands previously typed. By this you dont have to type in the same command again and can use the up-down arrows to scroll through the list. Which is this command, i am not able to recall. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: appledrive
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of internal commands ??

Dear Sir/Mam, Can you tell me list of internal commands which are easy to implements...??? Means sir I am a beginner in unix shell programming. So, I just wanted to know that which internal commands are easy to implements in C language. thanks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranusahu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix ?

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix. how to know the list of functions supported by unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo commands list

Hi, Can you please give me a list of commands executed through 'sudo' command, thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to save and run a list of commands?

Dear every one, I am working with the data of my lab program and I have to do many times by the same list of some commands (grep, then save to file, then use awk to delete odd lines, save to file, use awk to delete even lines, save to file...). Is there any way to save a list of command which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamnu
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)