Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Wireless setup/configuration on Linux Post 302185822 by 1jnike on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 02:35:17 AM
Old 04-16-2008
Lightbulb

Hi Ashvin Gaur,

You may want to try and type from a terminal console iwconfig, the output should indicate the wireless system device installed on your system, than use the system Network configuration management utility to configure the device to driver...

OR

You may want to try this module to load WINXP drivers for your wireless device.

ATrpms - by Distribution > Fedora 8 > ndiswrapper

I hope this is of help

Jnike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 10 wireless network setup

I installed solaris 10 x86 on my dell laptop on a partition alongside windows xp. I am able to connect to the internet in xp with both my ethernet local area connection as well as through my wireless network card. But, however i do not have clue as to how to go about it in solaris. i did not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stakes20
0 Replies

2. SuSE

setup Linux as a wireless router

Hi I've done some google searching but haven't really found anything that seems to be what I need. First I should add it's been awhile since I have run Linux but that's changing :) What I'm after doing is setting up a Linux box as a wireless router. I will be running the Suse distro if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wireless drivers for linux?

so i downloaded a linux today, but i ahve the problem that i cant connect to the internett becouse i need drivers. annyone know where i can get the drivers? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Morton
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

wireless interface timeout configuration

Hello, I have a small desktop running RedHat 5. Depending where I'm at, it connects to the network by a wireless interface or a wired interface. If I'm in an are where there is no wireless network, the box hangs on boot up. It will not timeout and move on. It just hangs. Is there a timeout... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garskoci
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wireless internet on redhat linux ?

Hi, Could some please help me in configuring wireles internet on redhat linux installed on my laptop. When I booted using windows, I saw the following, which I think is the name of my laptop's wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Regards, Girish. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wireless configuration on My linux

Hello All Please can some one help me to use my USB wireless card D-Link on my laptop i want to configure it, I am using madriva 2010 my system Acer Aspire 4315 i want to know how to configure it and where to get special driver to download the driver Please (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bealoumluka
0 Replies

7. Linux

Can not get wireless to register in linux mint?

I just installed linux mint 11 yesterday. I cannot get the wireless to register, it says that firmware is missing but I can not figure out how to make it work. I am still a newbie and would appreciate any help possible. Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breebutner
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inquiry: NIS configuration setup

Hello, Good day. I would like to ask for your inputs on this scenario. Currently, we have a NIS virtual machine with a Solaris 10 (32-bit) OS. And also we have another virtual machine with the same OS. And I am asked to set-up a secondary NIS on this another VM, bring down the primary NIS and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

[SOLVED] Wireless Network Setup

Hi, I am trying to set up a wireless internet connection on my centos OS (6). I can connect via the copper using the internal LAN but cannot get the wireless connection working. The 2 files that I have configured are: My wpa_supplicant.conf: ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
1 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to access CentOS setup Network Configuration after attempting Python update

I attempted to update Python on my CentOS 5.6 VM and have encountered some issues after then. Initially yum wouldn't work, but I have resolved that. However, now I am unable to access the Network Configuration section under setup. When I do select this option I see this at the command line: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
2 Replies
IWPRIV(8)                                                    Linux Programmer's Manual                                                   IWPRIV(8)

NAME
iwpriv - configure optionals (private) parameters of a wireless network interface SYNOPSIS
iwpriv [interface] iwpriv interface private-command [private-parameters] iwpriv interface private-command [I] [private-parameters] iwpriv interface --all DESCRIPTION
Iwpriv is the companion tool to iwconfig(8). Iwpriv deals with parameters and setting specific to each driver (as opposed to iwconfig which deals with generic ones). Without any argument, iwpriv list the available private commands available on each interface, and the parameters that they require. Using this information, the user may apply those interface specific commands on the specified interface. In theory, the documentation of each device driver should indicate how to use those interface specific commands and their effect. PARAMETERS
private-command [private-parameters] Execute the specified private-command on the interface. The command may optionally take or require arguments, and may display information. Therefore, the command line parameters may or may not be needed and should match the command expectations. The list of commands that iwpriv displays (when called without argument) should give you some hints about those parameters. However you should refer to the device driver documentation for information on how to properly use the command and the effect. private-command [I] [private-parameters] Idem, except that I (an integer) is passed to the command as a Token Index. Only some command will use the Token Index (most will ignore it), and the driver documentation should tell you when it's needed. -a/--all Execute and display all the private commands that don't take any arguments (i.e. read only). DISPLAY
For each device which support private commands, iwpriv will display the list of private commands available. This include the name of the private command, the number or arguments that may be set and their type, and the number or arguments that may be display and their type. For example, you may have the following display : eth0 Available private ioctl : setqualthr (89F0) : set 1 byte & get 0 gethisto (89F7) : set 0 & get 16 int This indicate that you may set the quality threshold and display an histogram of up to 16 values with the following commands : iwpriv eth0 setqualthr 20 iwpriv eth0 gethisto AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com FILES
/proc/net/wireless SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), iwlist(8), iwevent(8), iwspy(8), wireless(7). net-tools 31 October 1996 IWPRIV(8)