Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to see all the subdirectories easily? Post 302185711 by shamrock on Tuesday 15th of April 2008 03:53:51 PM
Old 04-15-2008
Use the find command.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change password script in Unix easily..

I have more than 50 server unix's password need to change, usually I assign one password for all hosts, for easy remember, but I need to change password every two months..it's very tried to change password every 2 months, is there any unix script that can change password easily? ie ' script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate a configuration file easily and effectively?

Hello Unix Gurus, I have a query , like how to generate a configuration file easily using unix shell scripts?, I have set of parameters (based on the test that user wishes to run) for which user needs enter their input, so that a config file gets generated based on their input before running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathytcs
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Easily Determine If A File Has been Added to a Directory

I am uploading files that need to be processed prior to uploading. I will put the files in a directory. My question is how can I write an easy process to kick off a script once a file has been added? Is there an easy way to determine if a file has been added to a directory? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodmis
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How Can I Easily Determine If A File Has been Added to a Directory

I am uploading files that need to be processed prior to uploading. I will put the files in a directory. My question is how can I write an easy process to kick off a script once a file has been added? Is there an easy way to determine if a file has been added to a directory? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
7 Replies

5. Fedora

Unix which can easily boot from a DVD

Hi, Really sorry if this is in the wrong place etc but I really need some big time newbie help :o I am a recent Maths graduate and have been invited to a 4 day job interview/assessment where I will be taught and tested on the following: "Fedora UNIX, Bash Scripting". Having no experience... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rich147
8 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] Howto change subdirectory easily using cd

Hi all, how to change the path easily from /u01/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab >cd olddb /u01/oracle/oradata/olddb/tab > or /u01/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab >cd u05 /u05/oracle/oradata/newdb/tab > I am lazy for typing the abs. path again... As I know there is some "tips" in doing this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

STILL can't buy a Linux PC easily

A few years ago, Dell announced they were selling PCs with Linux (Ubuntu) preinstalled or with no OS installed. It was about time! So a couple years ago I bought the Inspiron 1525n laptop that I'm typing this on with Ubuntu preinstalled. Yea! (Though I immediately wiped Ubuntu and installed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
7 Replies

8. Linux

How to easily identify socket given a PID on Linux?

I have the PID of a process running on Linux mymac 2.6.18-417.el5 #1 SMP Sat Nov 19 14:54:59 EST 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I need to get the ip & port i.e socket details of the given PID (32752). Based on a suggestion on my other thread i tried bash-3.2$ netstat -anpt | grep... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
find(n) 							    [incr Tcl]								   find(n)

NAME
find - search for classes and objects SYNOPSIS
find option ?arg arg ...? DESCRIPTION
The find command is used to find classes and objects that are available in the current interpreter. Classes and objects are reported first in the active namespace, then in all other namespaces in the interpreter. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: find classes ?pattern? Returns a list of [incr Tcl] classes. Classes in the current namespace are listed first, followed by classes in all other names- paces in the interpreter. If the optional pattern is specified, then the reported names are compared using the rules of the "string match" command, and only matching names are reported. If a class resides in the current namespace context, this command reports its simple name--without any qualifiers. However, if the pattern contains :: qualifiers, or if the class resides in another context, this command reports its fully-qualified name. There- fore, you can use the following command to obtain a list where all names are fully-qualified: find classes ::* find objects ?pattern? ?-class className? ?-isa className? Returns a list of [incr Tcl] objects. Objects in the current namespace are listed first, followed by objects in all other names- paces in the interpreter. If the optional pattern is specified, then the reported names are compared using the rules of the "string match" command, and only matching names are reported. If the optional "-class" parameter is specified, this list is restricted to objects whose most-specific class is className. If the optional "-isa" parameter is specified, this list is further restricted to objects having the given className anywhere in their heritage. If an object resides in the current namespace context, this command reports its simple name--without any qualifiers. However, if the pattern contains :: qualifiers, or if the object resides in another context, this command reports its fully-qualified name. Therefore, you can use the following command to obtain a list where all names are fully-qualified: find objects ::* KEYWORDS
class, object, search, import itcl 3.0 find(n)