Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to check status of various services and port? Post 302185535 by ashish4422 on Tuesday 15th of April 2008 08:17:33 AM
Old 04-15-2008
how to check status of various services and port?

How can i check which service is activated on my AIX Box?
how one can check particular port is open or not (like ftp/telnet port)?
I dont have admin rights

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the status and send an email with status

Hi, We have a text file which has the following data. ISA~00~ ~00~ ~ZZ~VISTN ~ZZ~U1CAD ~051227~183 7~U~00200~000011258~0~P~< GS~FA~EE05J~U1CAD~051227~1831~000011258~X~002002 ST~997~0001 AK1~SH~247 AK2~856~2470001 AK5~A AK2~856~2470002 AK5~A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix port status

disregard solved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
0 Replies

3. Solaris

services status finding ...???

Could we find out the all services status in salaries 9 operating system....??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayn
2 Replies

4. Programming

Getting TCP Port status through C API

Does anyone know if there is a C API call to get the status of a TCP port? As opposed to running netstat and parsing the results. At the moment I have to attempt to bind() and pick up on the address in use error which isn't very elegant Thanks ---------- Post updated at 10:42 AM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: janra
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

what port number is used for SSH communication and HTTPS services

I am trying to find out what port number is used for SSH communication and HTTPS services in my Ubuntu OS. Thank you, Crim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crimputt
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

7. AIX

List running services, Package name and status on AIX.

Hi, How can I list running services, corresponding package name and status on the AIX host? On Linux (Centos), I use the below code snippet:- for i in `chkconfig --list | awk '{ print $1}'`; do status=`/sbin/service $i status` packagename=`rpm -qf /etc/init.d/$i` done Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

List running services, corresponding package name and status.

Hi, I am trying to list down list of running services, corresponding package name and status on HP-UX box. The output will be a CSV in a fashion:- Service Name, Package Name, Status. While working on Linux centos, I used chkconfig to do the same. Below was the snippet:- for i in `chkconfig... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Happy83
3 Replies

9. SuSE

Fetch port services from LDAP server

Hi, We have a ldap server configured with services (port) and want to know how to fetch that to the ldap clients: # cat /etc/nsswitch.conf|grep -i services services: files sss (neither sss nor ldap works) by doing "#getent services" I am getting only the result from /etc/services but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sridaran
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Boot Error - NIS services fails with Status 96

My system suddenly crash and when it rebooted there was an error: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s3 is logging svc.startd: svc:/network/nis/client:default: Method "/method/yp" failed with status 96. The system completes booting however when I log in a user account / directory is not longer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeedSolarisHelp
1 Replies
KADMIND(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						KADMIND(8)

NAME
kadmind -- server for administrative access to Kerberos database SYNOPSIS
kadmind [-c file | --config-file=file] [-k file | --key-file=file] [--keytab=keytab] [-r realm | --realm=realm] [-d | --debug] [-p port | --ports=port] DESCRIPTION
kadmind listens for requests for changes to the Kerberos database and performs these, subject to permissions. When starting, if stdin is a socket it assumes that it has been started by inetd(8), otherwise it behaves as a daemon, forking processes for each new connection. The --debug option causes kadmind to accept exactly one connection, which is useful for debugging. The kpasswdd(8) daemon is responsible for the Kerberos 5 password changing protocol (used by kpasswd(1)). This daemon should only be run on the master server, and not on any slaves. Principals are always allowed to change their own password and list their own principal. Apart from that, doing any operation requires per- mission explicitly added in the ACL file /var/heimdal/kadmind.acl. The format of this file is: principal rights [principal-pattern] Where rights is any (comma separated) combination of: o change-password or cpw o list o delete o modify o add o get o all And the optional principal-pattern restricts the rights to operations on principals that match the glob-style pattern. Supported options: -c file, --config-file=file location of config file -k file, --key-file=file location of master key file --keytab=keytab what keytab to use -r realm, --realm=realm realm to use -d, --debug enable debugging -p port, --ports=port ports to listen to. By default, if run as a daemon, it listens to port 749, but you can add any number of ports with this option. The port string is a whitespace separated list of port specifications, with the special string ``+'' representing the default port. FILES
/var/heimdal/kadmind.acl EXAMPLES
This will cause kadmind to listen to port 4711 in addition to any compiled in defaults: kadmind --ports="+ 4711" & This acl file will grant Joe all rights, and allow Mallory to view and add host principals. joe/admin@EXAMPLE.COM all mallory/admin@EXAMPLE.COM add,get host/*@EXAMPLE.COM SEE ALSO
kpasswd(1), kadmin(8), kdc(8), kpasswdd(8) HEIMDAL
December 8, 2004 HEIMDAL