Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove Defualt route
Operating Systems AIX Remove Defualt route Post 302185392 by shabu on Tuesday 15th of April 2008 01:46:20 AM
Old 04-15-2008
Remove Defualt route

hi folks,

Could anyone help me out to remove default gateway on the server. right now there are 2 default routes on the server and our application is not working at all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no route to host

I not able to ping outside the internet. i am able to ping my 192. ip address. when i try to ping a 68. ip address i get no route to host. what should i do to correct this issue. I have sco openserver 5.05 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

static route ?

Hi, I have a machine that sits on 10.2 network. I need to ssh from this to another box that is on both 10.125 & 10.140 VLANs what should I need to do? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
3 Replies

3. Solaris

permanent route

How do I make a route permanent, other than default route on a Solaris server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jontom
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Route to nowhere?

Hi, HP-UX 11iV2, but it's probably universal (tcp/ip) I have a production and a test server. The test server gets the application updated nightly from the production server software. The application accesses a set of process servers on a separate subnet (192.163.22.30,31,32), but reachable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monroedoug
1 Replies

5. AIX

Can not remove static route from AIX 5.3

Dear all, I Try to remove a static route with smitty, but recieve this error: Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chginet): 0514-009 Cannot delete an object from the device configuration database. 0821-216 chginet: Cannot delete route (net,192.168.30.101,192.168.30.1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrkama
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut route

Hola, Tengo una cadena de una ruta y quiero cortar la ultima parte sin la extension Example /home/Desktop/example/audio.html Yo quiero solo "audio". Muchas gracias (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uri_crack
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

route add

I have built a new linux server, via a iLo connection. and I am trying to connect via my desktop to the server I have just built to the management port eth0 via putty. Please could some one advise how to connect to this server from my desktop. Do i need to create add a route access on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet with a certain route

OS : *NIX Shell : any I want to test telnet for a certain port on a certain machine, but via a VIP which is in front of that machine. Basically I want to follow the same route as the application does. Is there any possiblility to force telnet to follow a certain route (via the VIP I mentioned)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help remove the static route

Hi, I am on Linux Redhat 5.3. I added this static route but now I can't seem to take it out. Can you help? netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 167.76.151.28 192.1.25.249 255.255.255.255 UGH 0 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Route get output

I'm having some trouble understanding the output of the route command. Specifically, the "route to" and "destination" fields. I'm guessing "route to: <address>" means when the queried host receives packets, it sends them to <address> by default, and "destination: <address>" means <address> is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies
DUMP_SOCKDFR(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   DUMP_SOCKDFR(8)

NAME
dump_sockdfr - Display contents of frozen route file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
dump_sockdfr [infile] DESCRIPTION
dump_sockdfr reads in a frozen route file for the SOCKS server and produces a listing of its contents on the standard output. The argument is optional; if omitted, /etc/sockd.fr is assumed. The frozen route file is produced by make_sockdfr and is essentially the memory image of the parsed route file. Using the frozen route file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen route file /etc/sockd.fr first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text route file /etc/sockd.route. If you use frozen route file, you must remember to run make_sockdfr every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen version of a previous route file. FILES
/etc/sockd.fr, /etc/sockd.route SEE ALSO
make_sockdfr(8), sockd.fr(5), sockd.route(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 DUMP_SOCKDFR(8)