Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mirror external scsi to san
Operating Systems AIX mirror external scsi to san Post 302185314 by bakunin on Monday 14th of April 2008 04:19:39 PM
Old 04-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by itik
Do I need to care about the closed lv (lv110, lv102,lv68,lv103)? Is that the db2 unmanaged database?
These are just LVs, which are not in use at the moment, because the filesystems on them are unmounted. If you still need them or not is nothing we can find out for you - it might be a database as well as any other type of data, but the reason the LVs are "closed" is because of the FSs they contain are not mounted.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mirror 4meg SCSI to Larger

I have a Unix based system running my POS (Point of sale) system that uses two 4.1 gig hard drives. I use the ./diskcopy command to mirror master to Backup My problem is 4.1 gig hard drives are no longer available new so I need to move to a larger cap drive but for my command to work the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolphin41
3 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting an external scsi tape drive

hi- I just installed a quad gigaswift ethernet scsi card to my sunblade 150. I checked with the docs, and got all of the required drivers on the box. Now, I'm trying to mount an external scsi tape drive with no luck. I set the scsi address on the external drive to 0. Here's what I'm coming... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting an external SCSI drive to a unix computer

I am interested in booting up my unix computer by connecting an external SCSI drive( intergraph) to it. The unix box is also an intergraph computer. Whenever I boot it, it gives me an error that says Drive not ready, Insert Boot Diskette in A. What am I doing wrong? Any input would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teruotor
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External SCSI hard drive

Someone gave me a small external SCSI hard drive for my SunOS 5.8 test system. How do I make Unix see the hard drive? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

5. AIX

copy lv scsi to san

Hi All, Regarding my migration of (multiple PV) scsi to san (single PV). I was able to copy lv from scsi to san. The only problem is how can I remove the old lv/old fs to put up the new lv/ old fs. If I try to mount the new lv/old fs, it will have error "There is no plausible log device for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unix command to remove external SCSI harddrive

Hi All, I have an external scsi harddrive (HD) connected directly to the workstation. I understand when the external HD is connected and turned on, and type in "devfsadm" command. Unix will detect it but not mount the drive. So by typing in "format" command it will display the following: #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Removable External SCSI Harddrive

Hi guys, I have a solaris 9 operating system on a sun solaris machine and one external removable scsi drive connected to it. When i type the following command this is what is displayed: #format AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 17832 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Connect an External SCSI Hard Drive to Ultra 80

Guys, I have googled and checked this forum in detail and couldn't find any satisfactory answers for my problem. I am trying to connect a external SCSI hard Drive(Sea Gate) to a Ultra 80. I connected it powered it up and at OK prompt did : boot -r system comes up and complains about not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
6 Replies

9. AIX

IBM SAN Storage DS4700 - Copy Mirror Flashcopy

Hello, Does anyone know how to copy SAN Storage logical disks from IBM TotalStorage Software. I have a SAN Logical Disk of 200GB mounted on my AIX LPAR_1 via fibre channel fcs0 I would like to make an exact copy of the SAN Logical Disk from IBM totalStorage and mount it on AIX LPAR_2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats the best way to mirror a rdiff-backup to an external drive and persevere the rdiff history of

Whats the best way to mirror a rdiff-backup to an external drive and persevere the rdiff history of the local copy ? I was thinking rsync ~/rdiffdirectory /directory on external volume also if I did this... rdiff-backup ~/rdiffdirectory /directory on external volume ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
0 Replies
JAZIPCONFIG(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    JAZIPCONFIG(8)

NAME
jazipconfig - jazip(1) configuration tool. SYNOPSIS
jazipconfig [--non-interactive] DESCRIPTION
The jazipconfig script is a tool to easily build the /etc/jazip.conf file for the configuration of jazip(1) OPTIONS
The optional --non-interactive command line parameter instructs jazipconfig to do what it can to build a /etc/jazip.conf file without prompting the user. On Debian systems, the command is invoked this way by the jazip package post-installation script. In this non-interactive mode, the script looks through /proc/scsi/scsi for detected Zip or Jaz devices. If it find any, it looks up /etc/fstab to see if it can find already specified mount points for them. If (and only if) it finds mount points, it writes the device and mount point to /etc/jazip.conf INTERACTIVE USE
If no command line options are provided, jazipconfig runs interactively. In this case, it also looks through /proc/scsi/scsi for detected Zip or Jaz devices. If it find any, it looks up /etc/fstab to see if it can find already specified mount points for them. Then it creates a user menu which you can use to create the /etc/jazip.conf file. NOTES
The first entry listed in /etc/jazip.conf is the default device used when jazip is called without an argument. SEE ALSO
jazip(1), jazip.conf(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 1999 Peter S Galbraith <psg@debian.org> This manual page by Peter S Galbraith <psg@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). JAZIPCONFIG(8)