Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: calling function inside awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling function inside awk Post 302185081 by era on Monday 14th of April 2008 07:40:09 AM
Old 04-14-2008
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {printf ("%s", "'"`fun1 "argument1"`"'")}'

Last edited by era; 04-14-2008 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: Missing close /CODE tag

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling external values inside awk command

I have a code as follows awk ' BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} { n=split($3,a1,"~") split($4,a2,"~") split($5,a3,"~") for(i=1;i<=n;i++) { print $1,$2,a1,a2,a3,date } }' file In the above code I need to add current date(date). How is this possible to call an date or a exported value... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function's return value used inside awk

I have a file with the record of person: cat > $TMP/record.txt John Torres M Single 102353 Address Mark Santos M Maried 103001 Address Carla Maria F Maried 125653 Address #!/bin/ksh ManipulateID(){ ... return 0; ... #or return 1; } cat $TMP/record.txt | awk 'BEGIN {printf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a value from called function to the calling function

I have two scripts. script1.sh looks -------------------------------- #!/bin/bash display() { echo "Welcome to Unix" } display ----------------------------- Script2.sh #!/bin/bash sh script1.sh //simply calling script1.sh ------------------------------ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a method inside awk

Hi All, How do we call a method existing in another file inside awk. After matching a pattern i want to call a method secureCopy that exists in another file, but method not getting called: ls -l | awk -v var2=$servername -v var1=$srcserverpath -v var3=$tgtpath '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling function in awk statement.

Hi All, I have an awk statement and a function defined in a script. I am trying to call the function from inside awk statement, i.e. awk ' myFunk () ;' filename But when I define myFunk() before awk, then I receive this error: s2.sh: line 48: syntax error: unexpected end of file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling array inside awk

Hello I have the file df.tmp FS is actually the / FS but escape character\ and end of line $ is used in order to fetch exctly / and not other filesystems. awk '/\/$/ {print $(NF-1)+0}' df.tmp will work properly and return a value eg. 60 but when I am trying to issue the command with the array... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a function in cpp file inside shell script

Hi I need to call a function written in a cpp file with arguments inside the shell script..Can anyone help me how to do this:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Modify File Name in each function before calling another function.

I have a script which does gunzip, zip and untar. Input to the script is file name and file directory (where file is located) I am reading the input parameters as follows: FILENAME=$1 FILEDIR=$2 I have created 3 functions that are as follows: 1) gunzip file 2) unzip file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)