Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS killing me
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? DNS killing me Post 302184731 by reborg on Saturday 12th of April 2008 08:21:15 PM
Old 04-12-2008
This is the area to post technical questions. Cross posting is also against the rules.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

killing the process

Hi, First, I am running a scipt.While the script is running I realize that I dont want the script to be run so I am killing the script externally.Before the process gets terminated or killed it should delete all the temporary files created by the script.How to do this?Can anyone help me? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing process!!!!

Hi friends, i m in big trouble.... i have one script which connects two server ...like below.. script1.sh ------------------------------------- bash test.sh & eval x=$@ export x=`echo $x` #echo $x # ssh user@8.2.5.6 bash /mbbv/location/script.sh $x|sed '/Binary file/d'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a subshell

I am calling a script from with another script and reading its output one line at a time (using <childscript> | while read line) in the parent script. If the output exceeds a predefined number of lines I want to kill the child shell from within the parent shell. I decided to print the process ID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi, I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6333/12234.png How to configure this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

9. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
yuvinactive(1)							MJPEG tools manual						    yuvinactive(1)

NAME
yuvinactive - Set a part of the video to a defined state SYNOPSIS
yuvinactive [options] </dev/stdin >/dev/stdout DESCRIPTION
yuvinactive operates with a area (rectangle) you define. By default is sets it to really black. But you can tell tell yuvinactive to darken the area, or fill it with a certain color. It can also make the content of the area unreadable, like extreme softening of the area. Or copy the surrounding area into the the specified area. You usually have to use the -i option which sets the area in which yuvinactive will work. If no additional option is given yuvinactive stet the area to black. But you can use the -d -s -a -c options to tell yuvinac- tive that it shall do something different with that area. You can only use one additional option. yuvinactive was built to remove unwanted things like a logo, from the movie. OPTIONS
lav2yuv accepts the following options: -h Some help output -iXxY+XOFF+YOFF Specifies the area yuvinactive shall work with. With this option the area is set to black. There are no restrictions because of inter- lacing. -d num How much darker the area should be compared to the original color. This is done by setting a lower value for the luma. The value is in percent from the original luma. -s num Here you specify a certain color in the yuv format. -a num With this option the program uses on pixel and averages the surrounding pixels with the same color to make the original less readable. The number tells the the program how much pixels around the original pixel should be overwritten with the same color. You have to use a even number here -c num Sets the number of surrounding pixels yuvinactive should use to copy them into the given area. You have to use a even number here. yuvinactive uses the lines above and below the specified area for copying them into the area. BUGS
Right, there are bugs hidden. The thing is not well tested, and not every option might work. yuvinactive is in the first state of becoming a useful program. AUTHOR
This man page was originally written by Bernhard Praschinger. If you have questions, remarks, problems or you just want to contact the developers, the main mailing list for the MJPEG-tools is: mjpeg-users@lists.sourceforge.net For more info, see our website at http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
mjpegtools(1), lav2yuv(1), mpeg2enc(1), yuvscaler(1), yuv2lav(1), yuvdenoise(1), yuvplay(1), yuvmedianfilter(1) MJPEG Linux Square 30 October 2003 yuvinactive(1)