Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX UPS options other than Powertrust for D380 Post 302184369 by mtedeschi on Friday 11th of April 2008 09:04:07 AM
Old 04-11-2008
There is no UPS for the D380. We just completed piecing together the system and a UPS is the last peripheral we need.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie UPS help

I am a newbie and I just got a Sun Ultra 5, and want an UPS. I have been looking at the different models, but I do not know which brand has software that is compatable with Solaris 2.8 for automatic shutdown. I have looked at the power setup options in Solaris, but there doesn't seem to be any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UPS for HP-9000

Hello Everyone I run 4 HP 9000 servers with HP-UX 11.0 on all 4, with an Infomix Database. About 6 months ago one system starting acting real weird it will display the message that it lost power (which did not) and it would shutdown, Then roughly 30 seconds later it would then say power has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackieRyan26
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Suns and UPS tripplite

I'm having some trouble getting my ups to work on my Sun ultra enterprise servers. I have it hooked to serial port b and i have the tripplite power alert software installed and running, but it doesn't see the connection, is there something else i'm supposed to do to make it realize it is hooked to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

4. Solaris

UPS Installation

Dear All, I have installed package ups reillo in solaris but i could not use setup normaly, i could not connection with ttya , i need connect with ups for set system shutdown and another configuration. please i need help for solution thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: athurbayunata
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

any goof ups like this?

This thread reminded me of a couple of screwups made by an operator in my old job. The ops used to run OS backups through a script which asked for the path to the tape (/dev/rmt/whatnot). We (the sysadmins) would give these to the ops if a new server was added or the h/w path changed. One Sunday... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] D380/2 hard drive

Hello everybody, I've received yesterday a very old HP server: HP9000, A3579A, D380/2 with two 180 MHz PA-RISC CPUs, 256 MB RAM. Actual firmware is 38.40. But no hard drives. I'm looking for 18 or 36 GB HD references. Is 11i v3 HP-UX working on it? Or, what is the latest version? Is 256 MB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Citroen
4 Replies

7. Hardware

CyberPower UPS

Is anyone here using this brand, and if so, how satisfied are you with its 'PowerPanel for Linux' software? Any problems? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varsel
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

The green pop-ups...

Admins... I just lerve the pop-ups that appear whilst replying to someones post. It reminds me of "Paperclip" from my MS Windows days... ;oDD Love it, as it makes me smile, telling me I am creating a thread ATM... ;o) Neat little addition/feature guys... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
LIEBERT(8)							    NUT Manual								LIEBERT(8)

NAME
liebert - Driver for Liebert contact-closure UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the liebert driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
This driver supports some Liebert UPS equipment with a contact-closure interface. This includes the UPStation GXT2 with their contact-closure cable. The smart mode ("Multilink") cable is not supported by this driver. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver does not support any extra settings in the ups.conf(5). BUGS
This driver does not yet support shutdowns by raising DTR. Be aware that shutdowns are not possible with the stock contact-closure cable. You may have to build another cable with DTR connected through to the UPS for it to work. There is no way for this driver to detect the hardware or cable. It will start up successfully even if no UPS is present. This is a fundamental limitation of any contact-closure driver. SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 LIEBERT(8)