Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting please convert the below program into shell script Post 302183986 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 10th of April 2008 08:35:01 AM
Old 04-10-2008
which shell do you use? the syntax looks like csh? maybe you are on sh/bash or ksh...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script for looping

Situation: I have a working shell script on our file server (OSXS Tiger) to connect to a workstation, which is using a portable home directory (phd), and rsync a user's MirrorAgent.log. I'm not that strong of a scripter (obviously), but I would like to add other workstations to this script as they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: le0pard13
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert cpp program to c shell script ?

Hi guys I tried to convert this c++ code to c shell script but there are some bugs and I don't know how to solve it. This code prints the three variables in decreasing order: int main() { int x,y,z; cin >> x >> y >>z; if ( x < y ) if ( x < z ) if ( y < z ) cout << x <<" " <<... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domain
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the below perl sript to shell script

perl script: my $logdir = '/smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp'; $logdir = $logdir ."/mp${toDate}*"; i tried to make it..as below .. but not working .. date +%m%d%y logdir = /smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp logdir=$logdir/mp"$date" but it was not working..... can someone please help me out in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert my shell script into expect/tcl

hi experts, how will i convert the first part of my script into expect or tcl since shell script cannot be embedded into expect script ? i have 100+ servers in my serverlist. how will i call or declare it in expect or tcl ? #!/usr/sbin/expect -f serverlist=`cat $1` for i in serverlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

May you convert vbscript to shell script?

Dear! I've a script (vbscript) running on windows machine for along time ago. 2 weeks ago, we changed server from Windows to RHEL5, and this script did not run, and I'm not programmer. So that, I post this script here and wish you convert for me. vbscript code: 'This script will: ' - ZIP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl program to shell

Hi is there a way that i can convert this simple perl program into shell script #!usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; open INPUTFILE, "uniqprobecoordinates.out" || die "canot open the file $!"; open OUTPUTFILE, ">", "1_4reads.out"; while(<INPUTFILE>) { chomp; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavpbk88
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert to shell script

how to convert these code to shell script #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> main() { int i,j,a=0,b=0,c=0,f,t,al,ta; int a1, max, n, n1,p,k=0; printf(“\n enter no.of resources”); scanf(“%d”,n1); printf(“\nenter the max no .of resources for each type”); for(i=0;i<n1;i++)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syah
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script to Perl

Hello,,I have a very small script that contains these lines; and it works perfectly; however I need to use Perl now as I will need to feel variables from a MySQL table into this; to it would be nice to start by converting this first... find / -perm 777 \( -type f -o -type d \) -exec ls -lid {}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert my shell script to C programming HELP!!

I had try to create a basic shell script. So now im trying to convert in to C-programming language can some one guide/help me out with it?(BTW IM USING A LINUX/UNIX/ORACLE SYSTEM) CODE BELOW !/bin/bash for i in `ls -1 /cslab/home/JAZEL/` do cp -uv $i /cslab/home/JAZEL/cs295/$i.`date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nygenesis
2 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)