Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing values from sql to shell script Post 302183930 by helper on Thursday 10th of April 2008 06:37:19 AM
Old 04-10-2008
CPU & Memory

Hey dude, this question was asked before.. kindly check the replies for the same.
Anyways posting the reply.....

RETVAL=`sqlplus -s user/pwd@host <<EOF
SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000
Declare

OUT_MSG VARCHAR2(200);

Begin

select name into OUT_MSG from table_success;

dbms_output.put_line ('KeepThis '||nvl(OUT_MSG,''));
End;
/
SET SERVEROUTPUT OFF
EXIT;
EOF`

X=`echo $RETVAL | grep KeepThis | awk '{print $2}'`
Y=`echo $RETVAL | grep KeepThis | awk '{print $3}'`
Z=`echo $RETVAL | grep KeepThis | awk '{print $4}'`

echo "The Query output is: "

echo "Query OUT_MSG 1= $X "
echo "Query OUT_MSG 2= $Y "
echo "Query OUT_MSG 3= $Z "

If you have more outputs from query, print those results in $5, $6,......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Passing Parameters and getting values back from a c program to Shell script

I am having a shell script which has to be called from a C program. I have to pass two parameters to this script. HOw can I do that? eg: int main() { char st1; char str2; // call a shell script call_sh(str1,str2) where call_sh is the name of the shell script. then i need to get the return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Values from a shell script

Hi all I want to know how to pass value from one shell script to another suppose i have script named A.This 'A.sh' calls 'B.sh' .Now some calculations are done by B.sh ..Say in variable X. Now i want to pass the value of this X variable to 'A.sh'... A.sh ----> B.sh ( X variable ) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameter from Shell-script to Sql-script

Dear Friends, Please help me to achieve the following: I want to pass one parameter from Shell-script to Sql-script. Example: My ShellScript.sh is calling report.sql like this: /bin/sqlplus /reports.sql And My report.sql is calling many Stored-Procedures like this: exec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: subodhbansal
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argumnets from shell script to sql

hi I all , I have sql statment in my shell script , I pass two argument to the script I need to pass the this two arguments to the sql statment example : runsql.sh "1" "2" sql : updat tables_x set y=0 where A=:x should subsituted by "1" and B=:y shuold subsituted bt "2"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in passing multiple arguments from a shell script to a pl/sql block

Hi, hope everyone are fine. Please find my issue below, and I request your help in the same In a configuration file, i have a variable defined as below TEST = 'One','Two','Three' I am trying to pass this variable in to a sql script which is define in a pl/sql block as follows, In the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing filename dynamically in SPOOL of SQL*PLUS in shell script

Hi all, I am executing shell script in which I am using SQLLDR In this SQLLDR I am passing text file having PL/SQL script. This script will produce some formated output, this output I have to spool in another text file. Currently I have given this in script file as following Spool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values to the shell script

Hi, Solaris : 10 . I have 3 database in single file system i.e. /d01 . whenever I connect to oracle user using the below method #su - oracle It will prompt for which database environment you want to set(PROD,TEST,UAT) : whichever i need i will enter required DATABASE and perform my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing PERL var values to SH Shell Script

Greetings all, If I have a SH script that calls a PERL script in the following way: perl $HOME/scripts/config.properties And in the config.properties PERL file, this Perl script only sets a number of environmental parameters in the following way: #!/usr/bin/perl $VAR1 = ( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gikyo12
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the result of an anonymous pl/sql block to a shell script

Hello, Here is the code i have written to get the count of a plsql query back to the unix. function checkforCOIDs { countcheck=`sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 whenever oserror exit sql.oscode rollback whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode rollback set serverout on size 2000; set head off feedback off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2eee
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values to an XML file from shell script

:wall: Hi, I have an XML file with 5 tags. I need to pass values to the XML file from a shell script that will replace values in 2 of the tags. I cannot hardcode the tag values in XML and use replace command in script as the values are likely to change. Please help !!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisaa
2 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)