Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error Post 302183514 by dpa078 on Wednesday 9th of April 2008 08:16:07 AM
Old 04-09-2008
if this sheds any more light??

bash-3.00$ ldd mkv.so
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0xf7c39000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x56555000)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello

Hello, when i compile with xlc on aix i got the error message "ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello" dummy.pc: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include "dummy.h" int main ( ) { printf("\nbefore Hello"); hello(); printf("\npast Hello"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockdan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Undefined symbol: .getcury in getyx

Iam attempting a script to return the current cursor position using the getyc macro I have #included the curses.h however on compilation (with gcc) it errors with Undefined symbol .getcury Undefined symbol .gercurx Any ideas where I can find a solution or what I've missed (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
7 Replies

3. Programming

shared object "undefined symbol: fstat" error

Didn't have this problem in AIX, but ported to Linux with GCC compiler and am now getting a runtime error: tssutil: symbol lookup error: /work/agility/devel/bin/libagam.so: undefined symbol: fstat I'm sure most of you know that fstat is an intrinsic function just like printf, memcpy, etc. When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

4. AIX

Getting error "Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6"

Hi, I am using xlC compiler. The compilation goes fine but at the time of linking it gives the following error ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6 ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nachiketv
0 Replies

5. AIX

Undefined symbol: .log

Hi All, When I am compiling expect 5.40 library in AIX 5.3, I am getting the following error while generating expect5.40.so file. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .log ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pow ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra_maddal
0 Replies

6. Programming

Error: Undefined Symbol ..... First referenced in file......

Hi, I am working with Solaris 5.9 and I am newbie in Socket programming and I stated working with socket programming and I copyed a simple client & server program from a website which I am attaching with this and when I am compiling these files.I am getting the error-- Please Help me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

7. Programming

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: stdscr

I am trying to compile pro*c program on aix 5.3. The program compiled fine when I was using curses library. After switching to ncurses, I have started getting compilation errors. After installing ncurses on the box, I changed the -lcurses flag to -lncurses. I have also updated the path to the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvuguy
13 Replies

8. Programming

gmake undefined symbol error

I have a C code which i am trying to compile using gcc. When i am trying to compile it i get the error undefined symbol error though i am providing the -l*** option where *** refers to the module where the object files for those symbols are present. Can someone help me on the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
4 Replies

9. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies
CLOCK_SETTIME(2)					      BSD System Calls Manual						  CLOCK_SETTIME(2)

NAME
clock_settime, clock_gettime, clock_getres -- clock and timer functions LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> int clock_settime(clockid_t clock_id, const struct timespec *tp); int clock_gettime(clockid_t clock_id, struct timespec *tp); int clock_getres(clockid_t clock_id, struct timespec *res); DESCRIPTION
The clock_settime() function sets the clock identified by clock_id to the absolute time specified by tp. If the time specified by tp is not a multiple of the resolution of the clock, tp is truncated to a multiple of the resolution. The clock_gettime() function stores the time of the clock identified by clock_id into the location specified by tp. The clock_getres() function stores the resolution of the clock identified by clock_id into the location specified by res, unless res is NULL. A clock_id of CLOCK_REALTIME identifies the realtime clock for the system. For this clock, the values specified by clock_settime() and obtained by clock_gettime() represent the amount of time (in seconds and nanoseconds) since 00:00 Universal Coordinated Time, January 1, 1970. A clock_id of CLOCK_MONOTONIC identifies a clock that increases at a steady rate (monotonically). This clock is not affected by calls to adjtime(2) and settimeofday(2) and will fail with an EINVAL error if it's the clock specified in a call to clock_settime(). The origin of the clock is unspecified. If the calling user is not the super-user, then the clock_settime() function in the standard C library will try to use the clockctl(4) device if present, thus making possible for non privileged users to set the system time. If clockctl(4) is not present or not accessible, then clock_settime() reverts to the clock_settime() system call, which is restricted to the super user. RETURN VALUES
A value of 0 is returned on success. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The clock_settime(), clock_gettime() and clock_getres() functions will fail if: [EINVAL] The clock_id argument does not specify a known clock. [ENOSYS] The function is not supported by this implementation. The clock_settime() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The tp argument is outside the range for the specified clock, clock_id. [EINVAL] The tp argument specified a nanosecond value less than zero of greater than or equal 1000 million. [EINVAL] The clock_id argument is a clock that can not be adjusted. [EPERM] The calling process does not have the appropriate privilege to set the specified clock, clock_id. The clock_gettime() function will fail if: [EFAULT] The tp argument specifies an address that is not a valid part of the process address space. SEE ALSO
ctime(3), time(3), clockctl(4) STANDARDS
The clock_settime(), clock_gettime() and clock_getres() functions conform to IEEE Std 1003.1b-1993 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
February 11, 1999 BSD