Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Puts command in a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Puts command in a script Post 302183505 by McLan on Wednesday 9th of April 2008 08:02:34 AM
Old 04-09-2008
Code:
outFile=printHeader.tmp
dbFields='REPORT.TIMESTAMP.s,REPORT.CUSTOMER.s,REPORT.CODE.s'
echo $dbFields > $outFile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle Pipe Puts

Hello All, Can someone explain what is meant by "pipe puts" in Oracle?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nareshprasannar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk puts newline between fields

I have a='123, abc, def, ghi' var1=`echo $a | awk -F", " '{print RS $1}'` echo "something: $var1" which outputs something 123 how can I tell awk not to put a newline between fields? I want it to output: something: 123 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL/Expect using puts to add data to a file

Hi all, I'm trying to do something that might be basic, but it is not working for me, and I suspect I'm missing something. I appreciate if you can shed a light or offer an alternative. In expect script, I'm opening a file i.e: set file I have a simple proc: proc a {} { puts "Hello... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ydekel
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to detect a file from inserted usb and puts into a Variable

There is a same named log file that I have on my 2 different android phones. When I plug it into my computer, it appears in the media folder, For example the first android phone: /media/F6BA-0AF5/folder/A.log I want to put that into a variable to be manipulated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobenguyen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script puts;; I need just ;

Hello Folks, I must be blind that I cant figure out this perl script why I end up with ;; at the end of the line. I am not an expert by any means #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gvim doesn't suggest filenames with :e TAB, puts ^I instead

Hello all, When I type :e in vim and then press TAB, vim suggests filenames in that directory. However, when I do the same in gvim, it instead shows ^I for every TAB press instead of suggesting filenames. Anyone know what's going on here ? Thanks in advance. ChandlerAZ ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandleraz
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script puts \r at the end of variable

I'm pretty new to bash scripts and I'm trying to work through some issues. Would appreciate any suggestions. I have a list of servers in a text file (I used the FQDN's), I assign the file name to a variable, I then use cat to read the list of file names and echo them to the screen. But when it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that gathers specific values from files and puts it into HTML to send e-mail

Hi All, Sorry for long topic here. So the drill goes like that, I need a script which gathers different values from different files/locations. A_CT=`cat a.dat | awk -F'|' '{print $1}' >> report.txt` B_CT=`cat b.dat | awk -F'|' '{print $3}' >> report.txt` C_CT=`cat c.dat | awk -F'|'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakid
4 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Puts a new dimension on divide by zero... ;o)

Enjoy... Watch What Happens If You Try To Divide By Zero On This Mechanical Calculator | IFLScience (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)