Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Size of Structure
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Size of Structure Post 302183399 by harikamamidala on Wednesday 9th of April 2008 01:58:16 AM
Old 04-09-2008
Size of Structure

How can we find size of a structure with out using sizeof operator?

Thanks,
Harika

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

4. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find size, cp breaks directory structure

I'm using this now: find /some/path/with/sourcefiles -type f -size -7M -exec /bin/cp -uv {} /some/path/ \; but it doesn't preserve the directory structure, also I've tried it with find /some/path/with/sourcefiles -type f -size -7M -exec /usr/bin/rsync -auv {} /some/path/ \; but that doesn't... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to traverse directory structure and sum size of files?

How do I write a bash or ruby or perl or groovy script to print all the files in my directory tree that are one-to-two years old, the size of each file, and the sum of file sizes and then delete them? I was using find . -atime +365 -exec rm '{}' \; but the problem was that I could not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
OPERATOR(7) SQL Commands ALTER OPERATOR(7) NAME
ALTER OPERATOR - change the definition of an operator SYNOPSIS
ALTER OPERATOR name ( { lefttype | NONE } , { righttype | NONE } ) OWNER TO newowner DESCRIPTION
ALTER OPERATOR changes the definition of an operator. The only currently available functionality is to change the owner of the operator. You must own the operator to use ALTER OPERATOR. To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role, and that role must have CREATE privilege on the operator's schema. (These restrictions enforce that altering the owner doesn't do anything you couldn't do by dropping and recreating the operator. However, a superuser can alter ownership of any operator anyway.) PARAMETERS
name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing operator. lefttype The data type of the operator's left operand; write NONE if the operator has no left operand. righttype The data type of the operator's right operand; write NONE if the operator has no right operand. newowner The new owner of the operator. EXAMPLES
Change the owner of a custom operator a @@ b for type text: ALTER OPERATOR @@ (text, text) OWNER TO joe; COMPATIBILITY
There is no ALTER OPERATOR statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE OPERATOR [create_operator(7)], DROP OPERATOR [drop_operator(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER OPERATOR(7)