Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Molecular biologist requires help re: search / replace script Post 302183313 by pupp on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 07:50:04 PM
Old 04-08-2008
run dos2unix on that file that may have been constructed under a DOS/windows environment. you may find it react better.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace dynamic data in a shell script

Hi, I have a file that looks something like this: ... 0,6,256,87,0,0,0,1187443420 0,6,438,37,0,0,0,1187443380 0,2,0,0,0,10,0,1197140320 0,3,0,0,0,10,0,1197140875 0,2,0,0,0,23,0,1197140332 0,3,0,0,0,23,0,1197140437 0,2,0,0,0,17,0,1197140447 0,3,0,0,0,17,0,1197140543... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple input search and replace script

hi, i want to create a script that will search and replace the values inside a particular file. i have 5 files that i need to change some values inside and i don't want to use vi to edit these files. All the inputted values on the script below will be passed into the files. cho "" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl search and replace not working in csh script

I am using perl to perform a search and replace. It works at the command line, but not in the csh shell script perl -pi -e 's@/Pattern@@g' $path/$file I used the @ as my delimiter because the pattern contains "/" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NobluesFDT
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script, sed search and replace?

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script designed to take input line by line by line from a file with a word on each line for editing with sed. Example file: 1.ejverything 2.bllown 3.maikling 4.manegement 5.existjing 6.systems My design currently takes input from the user, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkfitzwilliams
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Search replace - complicated

I have a text file for which i need a script which does some fancy search and replace. Basically i want to loop through each line, if i find an occurance of certain string format then i want to carry on search on replace another line, once i replaced this line i will contine to search for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help to Check script Search and Replace

Please Help to Check script Search and Replace Ex. Search 0001 and Replete un_0001 ---script Code: nawk -F\" 'NR==FNR{a;next}$2 in a{sub($2,"un_"$2)}1' input.txt file*.txt > resoult.txt script is work to one result but if i have file1.txt, file2.txt, file3.txt i want to Replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittiwas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL script (Molecular Chemistry)

Ok, what about: array set simulation_frames { ... } foreach { frames } { writepdb pdb_$frames.pdb }Now, my question is simply, what strategy could I use to import my numbers into the array { ... } I could manually copy them, and that would work, but is there another way? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search and replace

Hi All, I am trying to write a script which will find a particular text in certain group of files under a directory and if found correctly it will replace them with a new text in all the files. Could any one let me know how do i find the text in many files under a directory. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace script

Hi, Below is the script which will find a particular text and replace with another one in a group of files under a directory /test #!/bin/bash old=$1 --- first input old text new=$2--- input new text cd /test --- folder into which files need to be checked for y in `ls *`; do sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script for search and replace by field

Hi, I have an input file with below data and rules file to apply search and replace by each field in the input based on exact value or pattern. Could you please help me with unix script to read input file and rules file and then create the output and reject files based on the rules file. Input... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrath
13 Replies
AUSEARCH_ADD_INTERPRETED_ITEM(3)				  Linux Audit API				  AUSEARCH_ADD_INTERPRETED_ITEM(3)

NAME
ausearch_add_interpreted_item - build up search rule SYNOPSIS
#include <auparse.h> int ausearch_add_interpreted_item(auparse_state_t *au, const char *field, const char *op, const char *value, ausearch_rule_t how); DESCRIPTION
ausearch_add_interpreted_item adds one search condition to the current audit search expression. The search conditions can then be used to scan logs, files, or buffers for something of interest. The field value is the field name that the value will be checked for. The op vari- able describes what kind of check is to be done. Legal op values are: exists just check that a field name exists = locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is equal to the value given in this rule. != locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is NOT equal to the value given in this rule. The value parameter is compared to the interpreted field value (the value that would be returned by auparse_interpret_field(3)). The how value determines how this search condition will affect the existing search expression if one is already defined. The possible val- ues are: AUSEARCH_RULE_CLEAR Clear the current search expression, if any, and use only this search condition. AUSEARCH_RULE_OR If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E || this_search_condition). AUSEARCH_RULE_AND If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E && this_search_condition). RETURN VALUE
Returns -1 if an error occurs; otherwise, 0 for success. SEE ALSO
ausearch_add_expression(3), ausearch_add_item(3), ausearch_add_timestamp_item(3), ausearch_add_regex(3), ausearch_set_stop(3), ause- arch_clear(3), ausearch_next_event(3), ausearch-expression(5). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Nov 2007 AUSEARCH_ADD_INTERPRETED_ITEM(3)