Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems installing a program in Terminal Post 302183300 by Sixmax on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 05:49:30 PM
Old 04-08-2008
I think you mean this:

BJAM=./tools/jam/src/bin.macosxx86/bjam
BJAM_CONFIG=
PREFIX=/opt/local
EPREFIX=/opt/local
LIBDIR=/opt/local/lib
INCLUDEDIR=/opt/local/include
LIBS= --without-python

all: .dummy
@echo "$(BJAM) $(BJAM_CONFIG) --user-config=user-config.jam $(LIBS)"
@$(BJAM) $(BJAM_CONFIG) --user-config=user-config.jam $(LIBS) || \
echo "Not all Boost libraries built properly."

clean: .dummy
rm -rf bin.v2

distclean: clean
rm -rf Makefile config.log

check: .dummy
@cd status && ../$(BJAM) $(BJAM_CONFIG) --user-config=../user-config.jam || echo "Some Boost regression tests failed. This is normal for many compilers."

install: .dummy
@echo "$(BJAM) $(BJAM_CONFIG) --user-config=user-config.jam --prefix=$(PREFIX) --exec-prefix=$(EPREFIX) --libdir=$(LIBDIR) --includedir=$(INCLUDEDIR) $(LIBS) install"
@$(BJAM) $(BJAM_CONFIG) --user-config=user-config.jam --prefix=$(PREFIX) --exec-prefix=$(EPREFIX) --libdir=$(LIBDIR) --includedir=$(INCLUDEDIR) $(LIBS) install || echo "Not all Boost libraries built properly."

.dummy:

The Boots libary will not build as they should?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems de-installing NetConnect

I have run into a problem while attempting to de-install netconnect from a Sol8 box. We got an error during the un-install script when it tries to remove SUNWsrsrp. It can't find the srsuser. We have no idea what user was specified initially. I have tried to remove the package on its own, to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_am_homer
2 Replies

3. Programming

terminal device control through a C/C++ program

Hi, I want to fork a new process from a daemon that needs terminal attachment to some ttyN or pts/N device. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> int main(int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ku@ntum
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing a program through Terminal in Mac OS X

Hey all.. I have a problem with the BitTorrent client called Deluge. (Deluge BitTorrent Client). Followed the guide on their homepage, but can't get it to work. First of all I have installed Xcode Tools 3.0 and MacPorts. I did the "sudo port install deluge" command, and all packages seemed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems installing Solaris 10

I just built my new computer with a q6600 quad core, 4 gig ram, Nvidia vidoo card but when I try to install the latest Solaris 10 on it the keyboard is not being detected when the installation starts so I'm unable to go complete the installation. First I tried a USB keyboard and it didn't work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isomorphic
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems running script on remote Terminal

Hi, I'm new here so please excuse any stupidity that occurs in my post :P My situation: Have a java program which I have to run a ridiculous amount of times and put the output data into a text file. Thought the easiest way to do this would be to delve into the world of scripts. I am at home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lozyness
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

8. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies

9. Fedora

How to use terminal while keeping a program open?

hi all, I open Matlab program from terminal. However, when I go back to terminal I can't do anything in it , only until Matlab is closed. Can someone please advise me on how I can oversome this problem ? thanks peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter_071
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Set Proxy In The Terminal & problem Package Installing

Centos Behind The Proxy Server In My System , How Can I Set In Terminal Proxy ( Username & Password ) When Using The Command yum & rpm online I Will Respond Error Thank You For Your Guidance (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
28 Replies
GIMPTOOL-2.0(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GIMPTOOL-2.0(1)

NAME
gimptool-2.0 - script to perform various GIMPy functions SYNOPSIS
gimptool-2.0 [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--help] [--quiet] [--silent] [-n] [--just-print] [--dry-run] [--recon] [--msvc-syntax] [--bindir] [--sbindir] [--libexecdir] [--datadir] [--sysconfdir] [--sharedstatedir] [--localstatedir] [--libdir] [--infodir] [--mandir] [--includedir] [--gimpplugindir] [--gimpdatadir] [--libs] [--libs-noui] [--cflags] [--cflags-noi] [--build plug-in.c] [--build-strip plug-in.c] [--install plug-in.c] [--install-strip plug-in.c] [--install-admin plug-in.c] [--install-bin plug-in] [--install-admin-strip plug-in.c] [--install-bin-strip plug-in] [--install-admin-bin plug-in] [--install-script script.scm] [--install-admin-script script.scm] [--uninstall-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-admin-bin plug-in] [--uninstall-script script.scm] [--unin- stall-admin-script script.scm] DESCRIPTION
gimptool-2.0 is a tool that can, among other things, build plug-ins or scripts and install them if they are distributed in one source file. gimptool-2.0 can also be used by programs that need to know what libraries and include-paths GIMP was compiled with. gimptool-2.0 uses pkg- config for this task. For use in Makefiles, it is recommended that you use pkg-config directly instead of calling gimptool-2.0. OPTIONS
gimptool-2.0 accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of GIMP on the standard output. --help Print out the help blurb, showing commonly used commandline options. --quiet Run quietly without echoing any of the build commands. --silent Run silently without echoing any of the build commands. Same as --quiet. -n Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Useful for making dry runs for testing. --just-print Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --dry-run Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --recon Test mode. Print the commands but don't actually execute them. Same as -n. --msvc-syntax Useful on Windows. Outputs the compiler and linker flags in the syntax used by Microsoft's toolchain. Passed to the pkg-config com- mand that does most of gimptool-2.0's work. --bindir Outputs the bindir used to install the GIMP. --sbindir Outputs the sbindir used to install the GIMP. --libexecdir Outputs the libexecdir used to install the GIMP. --datadir Outputs the datadir used to install the GIMP. --sysconfdir Outputs the sysconfdir used to install the GIMP. --sharedstatedir Outputs the sharedstatedir used to install the GIMP. --localstatedir Outputs the localstatedir used to install the GIMP. --libdir Outputs the libdir used to install the GIMP. --infodir Outputs the infodir used to install the GIMP. --mandir Outputs the mandir used to install the GIMP. --includedir Outputs the includedir used to install the GIMP. --gimpdatadir Outputs the actual directory where the GIMP data files were installed. --gimpplugindir Outputs the actual directory where the GIMP plug-ins were installed. --build plug-in.c Compile and link plug-in.c into a GIMP plug-in. --build-strip plug-in.c Compile,link, and strip plug-in.c into a GIMP plug-in. --install plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-strip plug-in.c Compile, link,strip, and install plug-in.c into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-admin plug-in.c Compile, link, and install plug-in.c into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin plug-in Install plug-in into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --install-admin-bin-strip plug-in Install stripped plug-in into the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --install-script script.scm Install script.scm into the user's personal GIMP script directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/scripts) --install-admin-script script.scm Install script.scm into the system-wide GIMP script directory (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts) --uninstall-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the user's personal GIMP plug-in directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) --uninstall-admin-bin plug-in Uninstall plug-in from the system-wide GIMP plug-in directory (/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins) --uninstall-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the user's personal GIMP script directory ($HOME/.gimp-2.8/scripts) --uninstall-admin-script script.scm Uninstall script.scm from the system-wide GIMP script directory (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts) --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GIMP plug-in. --libs-noui Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GIMP plug-in, for plug-ins that do not require the GTK+ libraries. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GIMP plug-in. --clags-noui Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GIMP plug-in for plug-ins that do not require the GTK+ libraries. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that GIMP was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that GIMP was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. ENVIRONMENT
CC to get the name of the desired C compiler. CFLAGS to get the preferred flags to pass to the C compiler for plug-in building. LDFLAGS to get the preferred flags for passing to the linker. LIBS for passing extra libs that may be needed in the build process. For example, LIBS=-lintl . PKG_CONFIG to get the location of the pkg-config program that is used to determine details about your glib, pango, gtk+ and gimp installation. SEE ALSO
gimp(1), gimprc(5), pkg-config(1) AUTHORS
gimptool was written by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org) and is based on gtk-config by Owen Taylor (owen@gtk.org). This man page was written by Ben Gertzfield (che@debian.org), and tweaked by Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org), Adrian Likins (adrian@gimp.org) and Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com>). GIMP Manual Pages Version 2.8.10 GIMPTOOL-2.0(1)