Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get path and check in if statement Post 302183267 by era on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 04:01:46 PM
Old 04-08-2008
No, it's basically a generalization of if then else if then else if then else, but all branches examine the same variable. In many programming languages, this is a "switch" statement (think railroad switch). Read the documentation for your shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check a statement -- yes/no

this statement "Be sure to have /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin in your $PATH" is because, if u have any files in bin directory, /usr/local/bin will be the first place to look at instead of /usr/bin. BUT, /usr/local/bin has one more descending directory to go , therefore /usr/bin has to come before... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check the actual path instead of link path

Hi I have a path link /test/df/link1/actual/file1 here link1 is actually a softlink link1= a/b i need to print the ACTUAL FULL path instead of a linked path is there any direct command to print the actual path of any linked path eg showPhyscialPath /test/df/link1/actual/file1 and it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if specified path is in $PATH

echo $PATH | grep "\/usr\/ucb" is not working using sh-posix The problem is very simle. I want to check '/usr/ucb' is in the PATH environment variable. If i simply grep '/usr/ucb' i might got wrong result eg '/usr/ucb/bin'. After the path an end of line or colon character should be. In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpeter75
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file exists using the if statement

Hi, I'm trying to write a bit of code that will check if a file exists and then archives the file Im trying to use the following if statement without success.. if then mv filename archive/filename else echo "no filename exists" fi Should the file name be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file is there not in linux using if statement

How to check file is there not in linux using if statement ? Please do put one example if possible. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskbalu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using if statement to check file size

Hi, Am trying to execute certain commands if the condition satisfied, but i feel i am making some mistakes in the usage of if statement here is the code #!/bin/ksh SIZE=$(ls -ltr /aemu/ws/DN.txt | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f 5) filename=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d` ZERO=0 if then cp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement to check file exists

Hi All, If i run below copy command, it works absolutely fine, /opt/csw/bin/scp axetlxyz01:/opt/data/test/QURIES* ./input I want to make the above line better, by adding an IF statement, want to check if there is any file exists with name QURIES*.* then i need to copy that. if ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a PATH statement

I have a script that will be placing a trigger file for other applications. The user-inputted path is similar to: "/data/region/NorthAm/Project HAV 8H" The project path will not change throughout the script. However, pwd changes as the scanning continues in the script. I need to truncate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to check file transfer

Hello Guys, I am trying scp few file within if statement, but getting error, can someone please help to understand, what mistake I am making ? if && ] ; then echo " Files transferred to Log servers successfully. " else echo " One or more file transfer failed over... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnknownGuy
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to escape the @ character in an if statement check?

Hi, I am running a shell script that has to verify a password with an if statement. The password has an @ in it. I am having problems getting the if statement to test for the password. The @ causes problem. I tried the standard backslash escape but it did not work for me. How can I do it? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies
scconf_transp_adap_sci(1M)				  System Administration Commands				scconf_transp_adap_sci(1M)

NAME
scconf_transp_adap_sci - configure the sci cluster transport adapter DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. You can configure sci SCI-PCI adapters as cluster transport adapters. These adapters can be used with the dlpi transport type. The adapter name is sciN, for example, sci0. Do not use scidN as the adapter name. An sci adapter can only be connected to another sci adapter or to an SCI switch. When an sci adapter is connected to an SCI switch, it is important that you specify the correct port name when referring to a port on the switch as an endpoint argument to the scconf or scinstall utility. The port name must match the port number on the SCI switch (the number that is printed on the switch itself). Failure to give the correct port name could result in the operation failing. The result of providing an incorrect port name will be the same as you would see if the cable between the adapter and the switch were removed. There are no user-configurable properties for cluster transport adapters of this type. SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clinterconnect(1CL), clnode(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf_transp_jct_dolphinswitch(1M), scinstall(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 4 May 2006 scconf_transp_adap_sci(1M)