Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Archive large debug files without cp Post 302183091 by era on Tuesday 8th of April 2008 09:25:53 AM
Old 04-08-2008
Ideally the application should have a way to make it close and reopen its log file precisely for this reason.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive files

Hi All, I wrote this script: #!/bin/ksh while read DAYS ARCH_PATH do cd $ARCH_PATH find . \( -type d ! -name . -prune \) -o -type f -mtime +$DAYS -exec tar -cv f kay_`date +%d%m%y%H%M`.tar {} \; cd - done < filestoarchive.txt The problem is, in a folder of 7files, I would... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script old files

Hi All, Im trying to write a script to archive files based on the date the files were created. For example, if a group of files were created on 23rd August,I would have 230806.tar. I have a problem,I want the script to read a separately created file(readarchive.txt) to look for the path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files using while and sed .. debug my script please

Hi, I'm a newbie to Linux. I have not done programming before, but I accidentally stumble upon Linux scripts at work about 2 weeks ago. I got interested and write scripts to automate my job duties. I need to write a script to compare 2 files (very long list) side by side so it's easier to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamushamu
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Tar too large to archive. Use E function modifier.

hey all, i am trying to tar up a folder with sub folders the over all size will be about 70gb but when i use the normal command tar -cvf tar -cvf CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994.tar CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994 i get an error tar: CLPSI_PRU_Escrow_31994/dump1/PROD_SAE_jria3_dump.5 too large to archive. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive Files

I have 15-20 files in a unix folder on daily basis, so i need to archive those 20 files as dated today and place that archived files in a new folder and has to remove those 20 files from that folder. so that i place 20 new files that comes for tomorrow. i need write a unix script to do this. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaddamshashank
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

7. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive files which has more than one row

Hello Guys Please treat this as urgent . Can you please kindly help me to know how to archive files in a directory which has more than one row Thanks for your time and help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to archive old files from the recently added 10 files?

Hi there, I am very new to unix and having trouble with a fairly simple statement: cd /user ls -t -c1 | sed -ne '11,$p' | mv xargs archive/ What I want the code to do is sort all files in a directory by timestamp, select all of the files after the 10th file, and then move those files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSIReady
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check files and archive the files using sftp

Hi, I have to check the files in another server using sftp to do that, below is the code i am going with #!/bin/bash export SRC_FOLDER=$1 export ARC_FOLDER=$2 HOST=as07u3456 USER=relfag sftp ${USER}@${HOST} <<EOF cd $SRC_FOLDER/DSCOR ls bye EOF echo "done" whatever the files i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ursrami
8 Replies
PRELOAD(8)						  System Administration Utilities						PRELOAD(8)

NAME
preload - Adaptive readahead daemon SYNOPSIS
preload [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
preload is an adaptive readahead daemon that prefetches files mapped by applications from the disk to reduce application startup time. -h, --help Display command line parameters and their default values, and exit. -v, --version Display version information and exit. -c, --conffile Set configuration file. Empty string means no conf file. (default is /etc/preload.conf) -s, --statefile Set state file to load/save. Empty string means no state. (default is /var/lib/preload/preload.state) -l, --logfile Set log file. Empty string means to log to stderr. (default is /var/log/preload.log) -f, --foreground Run in foreground, do not daemonize. -n, --nice Nice level. (default is 15) -V, --verbose Set the verbosity level. Levels 0 to 10 are recognized. (default is 4) -d, --debug Debug mode: --logfile '' --foreground --verbose 9 SIGNALS
On receipt of a SIGHUP, the daemon will close and reopen its log file, and reread the configuratoin file. On receipt of a SIGUSR1, the daemon dumps the currently loaded configuration into the log file. On receipt of a SIGUSR2, the daemon saves its state into the state file. AUTHOR
Written by Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@gnu.org> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://preload.sf.net/bug> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005,2006,2007,2008 Behdad Esfahbod. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. preload 0.6.4 May 2012 PRELOAD(8)