Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users installing mrouted in fedora core Post 302182711 by jalil smail on Monday 7th of April 2008 11:33:05 AM
Old 04-07-2008
Question installing mrouted in fedora core

hello;
i'm trying to install mrouted-3.9b3-1.i386.rpm in my fedora core 5.
but, when i execute the rpm i always have an error message like
"this file is no a rpm package"!!!!!
can anyone help me?
thanksSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Migrate from RH 8.0 to Fedora Core 2

I have done some research on the Fedora Project and trying to find clear cut answer on how to migrate from current OS - RH 8.0 Pro to Fedora Core 2. Can anybody help me with this and does Fedora Core 2 include OpenOffice and Ximian Evolution like with my RH 8.0 Pro. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark McWilliams
3 Replies

2. Linux

Using Fedora Core 2

I've been using FC2, but my sound card doesn't work I'm new with linux systems.. but there says that needs to recompile kernel how can i do it with a kernel 2.6.5 i386 ? by the way,. my sound card chipset is an ESS 1869F, with a compaq deskpro Smal Form Factor. but i have not found a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quake
4 Replies

3. Linux

being probed Fedora core 2

Lucky me...someone's trying to hack into my mythtv box through ssh. Can I make a policy or something similar to refuse connections from a specific IP after a certain amount of failed logins? attached is some of the output from /var/log/messages (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Linux

installing Fedora Core 3 - is it always this hard?

Hiya all RE: My previous post on installing FC-3. on a more serious note.... Is it always this much of a pain to install? Or do I have a knackered CD drive? (When it did the Cd scan at the start of the install - all 4 scanned fine 1st time tho....) Please advise... as I'm thinking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
3 Replies

5. Linux

Trying to install Fedora Core 3...

Hiya all, Hope you can help. I keep getting the same Error message when I try to install. I have tried several different Diskettes. And I finally ordered CDs from "FASTDISCs". The install "disc Checks" passed fine on these. The error: "The package usbitils-0.11.6.1 cannot be opened. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 4

Hello, I am about to install Fedora on a partition on my hard drive. I got the CD from a magazine and it isnt a LiveCD so the magazine says "fedora core installer isn't a LiveCD, so it will merrily destroy your primary partition when you install on your machine", now I'm guessing the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help installing fedora core 5

Hello I'm trying to install fedora core 5 and I'm currently at this screen here: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/figs/installingpackages.png However, the bottom bar is completely gray and there's nothing telling me the "status" of the install. I also told it to format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obeseogre
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fedora core mailrelay

how do i change the mailrelay settings smtp for fedora core 4 to a new IP ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 2 Problems

I am very new at learning Linux/Unix so please bear with me. I am taking a Unix course and I had to install Fedora Core 2 on my laptop PC using Microsoft Virtual PC software. After installing the virtual PC software, I installed the fedora cd's that came with the course. My problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newby
0 Replies

10. Linux

mysql in fedora core 4

hi i dont know much about linux but my boss gave me a job to backup all the mysql database and tables from fedora core4 running as web/database server. i can enter in fedora using remote desktop from my laptop but after that i am unable to do anything. if any one can help me in finding mysql and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: obstinate
3 Replies
MAKEDELTARPM(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKEDELTARPM(8)

NAME
makedeltarpm - create a deltarpm from two rpms SYNOPSIS
makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-r] [-u] oldrpm newrpm deltarpm makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-u] -p oldrpmprint oldpatchrpm oldrpm newrpm deltarpm DESCRIPTION
makedeltarpm creates a deltarpm from two rpms. The deltarpm can later be used to recreate the new rpm from either filesystem data or the old rpm. Use the -v option to make makedeltarpm more verbose about its work (use it twice to make it even more verbose). If you want to create a smaller and faster to combine "rpm-only" deltarpm which does not work with filesystem data, specify the -r option. makedeltarpm normally produces a V3 format deltarpm, use the -V option to specify a different version if desired. The -z option can be used to specify a different compression method, the default is to use the same compression method as used in the new rpm. The -s option makes makedeltarpm write out the sequence id to the specified file seqfile. If you also use patch rpms you should use the -p option to specify the rpm-print of oldrpm and the created patch rpm. This option tells makedeltarpm to exclude the files that were not included in the patch rpm but are not byteswise identical to the ones in oldrpm. makedeltarpm can also create an "identity" deltarpm by adding the -u switch. In this case only one rpm has to be specified. An identity deltarpm can be useful to just replace the signature header of a rpm or to reconstruct a rpm from the filesystem. SEE ALSO
applydeltarpm(8) combinedeltarpm(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Feb 2005 MAKEDELTARPM(8)