Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Switching from dial-up to DSL on Windows Post 302182629 by sysgate on Monday 7th of April 2008 06:42:43 AM
Old 04-07-2008
I haven't used modem for a long time, but the things you can check : your NIC settings - you said you've already done that, try refreshing the DNS settings, try ping, traceroute, run "ipconfig /all" and see what it reports. Try calling the help desk, they may help with useful advice, as a last resort, try rebooting the PC, make sure to disable firewalls and anti-virus programs , just to rule them out.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dsl out

i have 5 computers on a network behind a firewall, once in a while my DSL service will get knocked out and will come back in like 20 minutes or so, but during those 20 minutes, i will be able to view my website, but i will not be able to retrieve my mail, nor will be able to ftp or telnet into my... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DSL Router

How do I configure my Solaris system to connect to internet thro Linksys DSL Router? Thanks in adavnce. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenk
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing DSL to Unix from Windows

I'm brand new to this forum AND Unix. For obvious reasons. I don't know much at all. I'm 14 and i just got my first UNIX SPARCstation5 SUN computer. Something like that. i set up Solaris 9.1(With the help from my dad), now that i've gotten pertty much everything settled, i would like to route my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoulCheese
8 Replies

4. SCO

Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6.

Friends, I am facing a problem in connecting two SCO Openserver 5.0.6 servers through Dial-Up connectivity as is done in the case of two Windows PCs. Please help me out with the following problems: (a) How to configure the modem? (b) How to setup a Dial-In connection? (c) How to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobolguy
1 Replies

5. Linux

cfdisk in DSl

ive been playing around in dsl (damn small linux) live for some time and i love the simplicity of it. but when i go into cfdisk to partition my hard drive, it says like "Fatal Error:Does not have permission" i am trying out Xandros desktop os 2.0 right now on my laptop. Can some one help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
4 Replies

6. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

8. Linux

Switching between Windows and UNIX

I have both UNIX and Windows on my system. While booting it asks for me to select an OS. Once I log in to an OS, then to log in to another OS, there is no direct method. I need to shutdown and again start to select another OS. May I know any method to directly switch between the two. (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
23 Replies
TRACEROUTE(1)							   User Commands						     TRACEROUTE(1)

NAME
traceroute - Trace the route to a host SYNOPSIS
traceroute [OPTION...] HOST DESCRIPTION
Print the route packets trace to network host. -M, --type=METHOD use METHOD (`icmp' or `udp') for traceroute operations -p, --port=PORT use destination PORT port (default: 33434) -q, --tries=NUM send NUM probe packets per hop (default: 3) --resolve-hostnames resolve hostnames -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. AUTHOR
Written by Elian Gidoni. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-inetutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for traceroute is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and traceroute programs are properly installed at your site, the command info traceroute should give you access to the complete manual. GNU inetutils 1.9 December 2011 TRACEROUTE(1)