Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: force umount in solaris 2.6
Operating Systems Solaris force umount in solaris 2.6 Post 302182615 by jlliagre on Monday 7th of April 2008 05:44:56 AM
Old 04-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkleong
Can someone share with me how to force umount in solaris 2.6?
Here are two options:
- reboot
- upgrade from this outdated release to something more current ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount

:confused: Twofold question for you unix "guru's" 1) When attempting to use the umount command I get a message stating that the partition that I want to unmount is busy. Is there another command that I need to use prior to the umount command to clear the partition of activity????? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rod23
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to force NIC full 100 dpx in Solaris 8

Does any body knows how to force NIC to 100 Full Duplex in Solaris 8, should survive after reboot or shutdown. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to force NIC full 100 dpx in Solaris 8

Does any body knows how to force NIC to 100 Full Duplex in Solaris 8, should survive after reboot or shutdown. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 8 admin I text ambiguities on mount and umount

i'm prepping for my midterm, which i will bomb. i am scurrying to finish reading the final chapter before i get down into the review. however, i came across something in chapter 8 - "mounting file systems" that has me really confused. the text says the following: then it goes on to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

umount help

hi all, I inherit a Solaris7 system with /home mounted via a share from the NFS server. When I look at mnttab, there are two entries mounted under /home. Let's say they are server:/home/a and server:/home/b. I would like to maintain /home/a but not /home/b. However, I just don't know where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to force e1000g0 interface in solaris 10

Hi all, I encounter some problem with my e1000g interface running on sol 10. I can't permanently change the auto-nego to disable, if i use ndd commands, it will only stay until the next reboot. But i can't change the link speed either is set to /etc/init.d/nddconfig or using ndd commands. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

how to force umount

sorry, wrong section, mod please close thread (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Is it really impossible to force umount on HP-UX

Hello, yeah... here my question : Exist some way to force umount on HP other than reboot? Thanks gb (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
12 Replies

9. Linux

Is umount -l dangerous?

I had a umount busy issue, that the usual fuser -mk did not solve, I did a umount -l and was able to unmount the device, I then got in trouble by the storage team staff: Here was a snippet of their response: Using "umount -l" is a potentially dangerous act. The command combination for a lazy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pastajet
8 Replies

10. Solaris

How to force a same password in Solaris in Solaris 8?

hi all I need to add a user "abcd" and set the password same as the user id. But Solaris 8 is not allowing me to do it, is there any way we can force the password to be same as the user id. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks bash-3.00# cat /etc/release ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)