Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finding links to a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding links to a file Post 302182497 by ohagar on Sunday 6th of April 2008 09:57:20 PM
Old 04-06-2008
Thank you for the new knowledge you have given me re: how links actually work.

hagar

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding symbolic links

How can I find all symbolic links across the network to a directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehtad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Links for a File

how do i get the list of symbolic link names for a particular file programatically (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_u_n_1234
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get all the links of a file?

Hi all, I have several links to a file. Is there any command or anyway to get all those links. Thanks in advance -Chanakya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing all links in a file system

How would one find and list all links in a file system? My situation is that I built several servers for disaster recovery, mirror images of several servers in our main location. Instead of doing a "ls -l" on every file system down the /usr structor to verify that I have all the necessary links... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruger14
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing a file's symbolic links

ls -l shows the number of links for each file. Is there a command that will show the link sources for a specific file? Running find on the entire filesystem and doing a little Perl "magic" is the only method I'm aware of. I'm running SunOS 5.8. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: effigy
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding and replacing links

Hi, I would like to do a scripting for finding the links based on the name I have and replace the links with the new name. General find command lists everything for that links ( means all the sub-sirs and all the files), i need only the main link and replace. Can you anyone give me some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Hard Links and Soft or Sym links

When loooking at files in a directory using ls, how can I tell if I have a hard link or soft link? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

8. AIX

List all the soft links and hard links

Hi I'm logged in as root in an aix box Which command will list all the soft links and hard links present in the server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD