Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cat and loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cat and loop Post 302182136 by cfajohnson on Saturday 5th of April 2008 01:32:23 PM
Old 04-05-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by soemac
Any smart way to do this preferably using less code.

Code:
IFS= read -r f < list.txt
printf "%s\n" "$f" > "$out"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cat command in a for loop

If I have a data file containing entries like-> abc abc:123 and I use a for loop: for I in `cat data-file` do echo $I done the output would contain 2 lines -> abc.... and abc:123 but I want it to be on only one line. How can I do this? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sleepster
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `cat myname.txt` && for y in `cat yourname.txt`

cat myname.txt John Doe I John Doe II John Doe III ----------------------------------------------------------------------- for i in `cat myname.txt` do echo This is my name: $i >> thi.is.my.name.txt done ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danimad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple for loop/cat issue

ok.. so problem is: I have a file that reads: cat 123 1 and 2 3 and 4 5 and 6 I was using for loops to run through this information. Code: for i in `cat 123` do echo $i done shouldn't the output come as 1 and 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foal_11
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through hosts file - cat /etc/resolv.conf

Hello... I am trying to loop through my hosts file that contains 100+ servers to check or update the nameservers on them... My while loop is breaking after the first server responds... #!/bin/bash while read line; do a=( $(echo $line | tr " " "\n") ) if }" != "" ] && }" != "#" ] &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CompSCI
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop with whole line using cat

Hi all, I need to create loop script to read full line and append a variable to each line. cat file I need the output like below 10.0.0.1,136 1 24 048800 id N4 No_Light 10.0.0.1,137 1 25 048900 id N4 No_Light 10.0.0.1,140 1 28 048c00 id N4 No_Light 10.0.0.1,262 1 38 048e80... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while displaying(cat) file content inside telnet loop .

Hi Team, Not getting the file output inside my email which i am sending from unix box. . Please refer the below code : #!/bin/sh { sleep 5 echo ehlo 10.56.185.13 sleep 3 echo mail from: oraairtel@CNDBMUREAPZP02.localdomain sleep 3 echo rcpt to: saurabhtripathi@anniksystems.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tripathi1990
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with cat command on a for loop

Good day to all, I'd like to ask for your advice with regards to this. Scenario : I have here a file named TEST.tmp wherein the value inside is below; "ONE|TWO|FIVE|THREE|FOUR|SIX~SEVEN~EIGHT" "NINE" But when I'm trying to use this in a simple command like; for TESTING in $(cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfghjkl
4 Replies
UNCRUSTIFY(1)							   User Commands						     UNCRUSTIFY(1)

NAME
uncrustify - C, C++, C#, D, Java and Pawn source code beautifier SYNOPSIS
uncrustify [OPTIONS] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
If no input files are specified, the input is read from stdin. If reading from stdin, you should specify the language using -l. If -F is used or files are specified on the command line, the output filename is PFX + "/" + filename + SFX. Unless, of course, the options --replace or --no-backup are used. When reading from stdin or doing a single file via the '-f' option, the output is dumped to stdout, unless redirected with -o FILE. Errors are always dumped to stderr OPTIONS
Basic Options: -c CFG Use the config file CFG. If not specified, uncrustify will use $UNCRUSTIFY_CONFIG or $HOME.uncrustify.cfg. -f FILE Process the single file FILE, sending output to stdout or the file specified with -o. -o FILE Redirect output to FILE. Use with -f, --update-config, --update-config-with-doc, --universalindent. -F FILE Read files to process from FILE, one filename per line. You can create this file using something like 'find . -name "*.c" > list.txt'. This cannot be combined with -f. --prefix PFX Prepend PFX to the output filename path. This cannot be combined with -f, --replace, or --no-backup. --suffix SFX Append SFX to the output filename. The default is '.uncrustify' if neither SFX or PFX are specified. This cannot be combined with -f, --replace, or --no-backup. --frag Assume the input is a code fragment and the first line is properly indented. --replace Replace source files (creates a backup). This cannot be combined with -f, --prefix, or --suffix. --no-backup Replace files, no backup. Useful if files are under source control This cannot be combined with -f, --prefix, or --suffix. --mtime Preserve mtime on replaced files. -l Language override: C, CPP, D, CS, JAVA, PAWN, VALA, OC, OC+ -t Load a file with types (usually not needed) -q Quiet mode - no output on stderr (-L will override) Config/Help Options: -h -? --help --usage Print this message and exit --version Print the version and exit --show-config Print out option documentation and exit --update-config Output a new config file. --update-config-with-doc Output a new config file with embedded usage comments. --universalindent Output a config file for Universal Indent GUI. --detect Detects the config from a source file. Use with '-f FILE'. Detection is currently fairly limited. Debug Options: -p FILE Dump debug info to a file -L SEV Set the log severity (see log_levels.h) -s Show the log severity in the logs --decode FLAG Print FLAG as text and exit EXAMPLES
Read a D file from stdin, output to stdout. cat foo.d | uncrustify -q -c my.cfg -l d Process a file, output to stdout. uncrustify -c my.cfg -d foo.d Process a source tree, output to a different tree. find src -name "*.[ch]" > files.txt uncrustify -c my.cfg -F files.txt --prefix out Process a source tree in-place. uncrustify -c my.cfg --no-backup $(find src -name "*.[ch]") NOTES
Use comments containing ' *INDENT-OFF*' and ' *INDENT-ON*' to disable processing of parts of the source file. AUTHOR
Written by Ben Gardner REPORTING BUGS
Use the issue tracker at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/uncrustify> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Ben Gardner LICENSE
GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. uncrustify 0.59 Oct 2009 UNCRUSTIFY(1)