Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date manipulation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting date manipulation Post 302181521 by pstanand on Thursday 3rd of April 2008 08:02:24 AM
Old 04-03-2008
date manipulation

hi buddies,

can you please let me know the solution

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

date manipulation

I'm writing a ksh script in which I want to present the user with a choice of choosing any of the last 15 days. i.e., a list like the following: 20040510 (today) 20040509 (yesterday) 20040508 . . . 20040426 Is there an easy way to produce the date from x number of days ago other than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation

I need to achieve the following.....I seached the forum but could not find it... This is I have in a file... "CH","TIA","10/27/2006",000590 I need the date in the third field to be attached to fileas 20061027_test.txt How do I do it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulation of Date in Shell

Reuirement: I have a set of files ina diectory which has the name in format "WWW-YYYYmmDD" like, WWW-20070226. for 26th FEB 2007. Now I need to write a shell script which should move the files to directory named "old" in the same directory if date attached to file is 90 days prior to today's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnanesh.b
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Manipulation with files

Hi, I have a timestamp stored in a variable start_time=17-JUL-2009 03:45, I need to search a file for this time stamp line by line (where each line has a time stamp in the file) if the time stamp is greater than the start_time variable value need to grep that line for a string and if the string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyrain
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

Hi Gurus, How to minus 15 minuets from current system time. For example if current time is " Wed Oct 14 12:12:38 BST 2009", i need "Wed Oct 14 11:57:38 BST 2009" Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

How can i print a future time, so i get current time by date "+%H:M" but how can i say add 20 minutes to the current time and display as I have just done for current time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation

I have a file with a field containing the following: "7/3/2009 7:07:12 PM","xxxx" I need to be able to split this field up into two into a different format with the time being converted into 24 hour: so that i can get the following: "20090307","19:07:12","xxxx" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation and Comparision

Hi All, I want to generate quarter dates using awk or anything, by giving a dates as input for example : start_date=2010-01-01 end_date=2010-05-31 output should be: start_date end_date qtr 2010-01-01 2010-03-31 1 2010-04-01 2010-05-31 2 Example 2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

In my shell script I take date as a input parameter from command line in the format "21 Oct 2011" which would be date +'%d %b %Y' Now i need to do two things here. 1) Validate the date entered by user 2) Calculate yesterday's date from the input. So in this case it should be: "20 Oct 2011"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidtd
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date-Manipulation-1

Hallo Team I can perform the task manually but i would like to automate this process. ok here goes. I have a perl script which runs every Wednesday every week and the name of the script is check_19.pl This is how the script looks like : #!/usr/bin/perl -w #use strict; use DBI; #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kekanap
1 Replies
PTS_CHOWN(1)						       AFS Command Reference						      PTS_CHOWN(1)

NAME
pts_chown - Changes the owner of a Protection Database entry SYNOPSIS
pts chown -name <group name> -owner <new owner> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] [-help] pts cho -na <group name> -o <new owner> [-c <cell name>] [-no] [-l] [-f] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The pts chown command designates the user or group named by the -owner argument as the owner of the group named by the -name argument, and records the new owner in the owner field of the group's Protection Database entry. In the case of regular groups, this command automatically changes the group name's owner prefix (the part of the group name before the colon) to match the new owner. If the new owner is itself a group, then only its owner prefix, not its complete name, becomes the owner prefix in the new name. The change to the owner prefix does not propagate to any groups owned by the group, however. To make the owner prefix of such group-owned groups reflect the new owning group, use the pts rename command. It is not possible to change a user or machine entry's owner from the default set at creation time, the system:administrators group. CAUTIONS
While designating a machine as a group's owner does not cause an error, it is not recommended. The Protection Server does not extend the usual privileges of group ownership to users logged onto the machine. OPTIONS
-name <group name> Specifies the current name of the group to which to assign a new owner. -owner <new owner> Names the user or group to become the group's owner. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). EXAMPLES
The following example changes the owner of the group "terry:friends" from the user "terry" to the user "pat". A side effect is that the group name changes to "pat:friends". % pts chown -name terry:friends -owner pat The following example changes the owner of the group "terry:friends" from the user "terry" to the group "pat:buddies". A side effect is that the group name changes to "pat:friends". % pts chown -name terry:friends -owner pat:buddies PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must belong to the system:administrators group or currently own the group. SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_rename(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_CHOWN(1)